Digital TV News: OTE
OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
Jan 16, 2019 – OTE has entered into an agreement to sell its entire stake in Telekom Albania to the Bulgarian company Albania Telecom Invest, for a total consideration of €50m. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
News categories: OTE, Telekom Albania, Michael Tsamaz, Albania, MnA
COSMOTE TV delivers Smart Remote experience on Zenterio OS-based STBs
Aug 30, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that OTE Group has deployed, in COSMOTE TV its pay-TV service, an advanced set-top box (STB) called EUROBOX (KAON NS2000) using Zenterio OS. Zenterio OS allows COSMOTE TV to support internet-delivered, on-demand content in addition to live content.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Apps, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Broadpeak optimizes video delivery for HBO Latin America
Apr 17, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that it has worked with HBO Latin America on a solution to optimize the delivery of its video content, using Broadpeak's BroadCache Box local video caching, BkA100 analytics, and umbrellaCDN content delivery network selector.
News categories: Broadpeak, HBO Latin America, Jacques Le Mancq, Emilio Otermin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
ACCESS and Zenterio showcase browser power at IBC 2017
Sep 7, 2017 – ACCESS CO. and Zenterio have announced demonstrations of their joint solution for operator services, combining Zenterio OS and JetUI with the NetFront Browser family for seamless experiences on all screens.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Zenterio, Dr. Neale Foster, Marco Frattolin, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Zenterio migrates legacy STBs for OTE in Greece
May 2, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that it has completed the migration to Zenterio OS of the first 85,000 legacy set-top boxes for COSMOTE TV, OTE Group’s pay TV platform. The upgrade began at the end of 2016 on a customer opt-in basis.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
OTE adopts COSMOTE TV brand for communication and entertainment services
Nov 14, 2016 – OTE Group's TV service has been re-named COSMOTE TV. The new world of COSMOTE TV unifies the capabilities of the group's satellite and IPTV platforms. COSMOTE TV offers interactive household and on-the-go TV services for all.
News categories: OTE Group, Dimitris Michalakis, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
ΟΤΕ TV PLUS video on demand launched in Greece
Sep 30, 2016 – Greek telecommunications provider, OTE, has announced OTE TV PLUS service which offers a library of films and TV series airing on OTE CINEMA channels, as well as OTE HISTORY documentaries and shows.
News categories: OTE TV, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
100,000 now have OTE's hybrid satellite-IPTV box
Jun 8, 2016 – OTE has announced that 100,000 subscribers are now enjoying its OTE TV hybrid environment, combining the benefits of both satellite and IPTV. The migration of its IPTV customers to the new platform began in April.
News categories: OTE, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
OTE launches hybrid TV platform in Greece
Jan 20, 2016 – OTE TV has announced the launch in Greece of its new hybrid TV platform, offering subscribers the combined benefits of satellite and IPTV service such as interactivity, personalized viewing and high definition content.
News categories: OTE TV, Dimitris Michalakis, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software