Digital TV News: Ocean Blue Software
Ocean Blue Software and SERAPHIC offer joint HbbTV solution for Android
Sep 12, 2018 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) and SERAPHIC have announced an HbbTV 2.0.1 solution for Android-powered TVs and STBs. Combining SERAPHIC’s TV browser with OBS’ DVB stack for Android, the solution enables OEMs to bring to market HbbTV-compliant Android TVs and STBs.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Ocean Blue Software, Ye Wang, Paul Martin, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DTVKit, OBS and HARMAN Connected Services partner to accelerate Android TV adoption
Sep 3, 2018 – DTVKit, HARMAN Connected Services and Ocean Blue Software (OBS) have partnered to accelerate Android TV adoption. OBS have integrated DTVKit into Android using the Android TV Input Framework (TIF). HARMAN Connected Services can provide certification services to DTVKit members.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, HARMAN Connected Services, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit HbbTV 1.5 now available on the Ekioh TV Browser
Jun 4, 2015 – DTVKit has announced that their HbbTV 1.5 solution is now available on the Ekioh TV Browser. This provides the industry with a commercially sourced browser and the availability of the first turn-key HbbTV solution together with Ekioh.
News categories: Ekioh, DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Phil Evans, Stephen Reeder, Paul Martin, ANGA COM, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit announces launch at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2014 – The DTVKit Open Software Foundation (DTVKit) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to developing and maintaining a shared pool of software building blocks for CE products based on DVB standards.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, Paul Cox, Paul Gray, Middleware, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Skyviia partners with Ocean Blue on CI Plus
Jun 6, 2012 – Skyviia has announced that it has partnered with Ocean Blue Software to enable CI Plus on its SV8870 SoC. Ocean Blue has a CI Plus solution that is V1.3.1 ready and includes the CI+ browser module for use in host devices such as set top boxes and IDTVs.
News categories: Skyviia, Ocean Blue, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Ocean Blue develops anti-virus software for Connected TVs
Jun 6, 2012 – Ocean Blue has announced that it has partnered with Sophos to develop a cloud-based antivirus solution that can be shipped either as part of the Ocean Blue middleware or as a stand-alone client for solutions with their own middleware.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Sophos, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Ocean Blue Talking TV Software Benefits Thousands In Australia As Part Of Government Help-Box Scheme
Apr 4, 2012 – Ocean Blue has partnered with Hills Antenna & TV System to release the first of its kind 'Talking' set-top box in Australia. The Talking Set Top Box, Hills HD94003G, was developed with the assistance of the Australian Government and Vision Australia.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Hills Antenna, Australia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
Ocean Blue to launch HbbTV, T2 And MHEG Turnkey Solution At IP&TV World Forum
Mar 15, 2012 – Ocean Blue Software has announced that their multi-process DVB core, MHEG-5 and HbbTV middleware is to be launched at the IP&TV world forum in London next week.
News categories: Ocean Blue, DVB-T2, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Video Exchange
ACCESS and Ocean Blue Software Partner to Provide Connected Home and TV Software
Sep 7, 2011 – ACCESS CO. and Ocean Blue Software have announced that they will work together to provide middleware solutions supporting IP Connected Home and Connected TV.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Ocean Blue Software, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019