Digital TV News: Ocean Blue Software
Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
Nov 20, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has prepared an update to its CI Plus Host software stack for TVs and Set Top Boxes. The latest release includes support for version 2.0 of the specification which targets new USB form factor Conditional Access Modules (CAMs).
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nordig and Android 'P' compliance part of DTVKit’s latest software release
Oct 24, 2019 – DTVKit, in cooperation with OBS, has announced a new version of its suite of DTV software components. The October release includes updates to the DVB stack for Nordig compliance, changes to support Android 'Treble', and improvements to the CI Plus ECP reference stack.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, CAM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DTVKit, DiscVision and OBS bring voice control to DTVKit powered TVs and STBs
Sep 12, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has announced that it has pre-integrated DiscVision’s Voice Control SDK with DTVKit's DVB stack, bringing Amazon Alexa and Google Home compatibility to DTVKit powered TVs and STBs.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, DiscVision, DTVKit, Paul Martin, Dr. Reinhard Lüling, Phil Evans, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
OBS upgrades DTVKit DVB support to Android P Treble compliance
Sep 6, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has extended the DVB for Android integration to make it compatible with the Android P Treble architecture and donated it to DTVKit. OBS has a long track record of improving the DTVKit code base and donating those assets back to the DTVKit community.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, DTVKit, Jason Nash, Paul Martin, Phil Evans, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ocean Blue Software and SERAPHIC offer joint HbbTV solution for Android
Sep 12, 2018 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) and SERAPHIC have announced an HbbTV 2.0.1 solution for Android-powered TVs and STBs. Combining SERAPHIC’s TV browser with OBS’ DVB stack for Android, the solution enables OEMs to bring to market HbbTV-compliant Android TVs and STBs.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Ocean Blue Software, Ye Wang, Paul Martin, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DTVKit, OBS and HARMAN Connected Services partner to accelerate Android TV adoption
Sep 3, 2018 – DTVKit, HARMAN Connected Services and Ocean Blue Software (OBS) have partnered to accelerate Android TV adoption. OBS have integrated DTVKit into Android using the Android TV Input Framework (TIF). HARMAN Connected Services can provide certification services to DTVKit members.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, HARMAN Connected Services, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit HbbTV 1.5 now available on the Ekioh TV Browser
Jun 4, 2015 – DTVKit has announced that their HbbTV 1.5 solution is now available on the Ekioh TV Browser. This provides the industry with a commercially sourced browser and the availability of the first turn-key HbbTV solution together with Ekioh.
News categories: Ekioh, DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Phil Evans, Stephen Reeder, Paul Martin, ANGA COM, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit announces launch at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2014 – The DTVKit Open Software Foundation (DTVKit) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to developing and maintaining a shared pool of software building blocks for CE products based on DVB standards.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, Paul Cox, Paul Gray, Middleware, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Skyviia partners with Ocean Blue on CI Plus
Jun 6, 2012 – Skyviia has announced that it has partnered with Ocean Blue Software to enable CI Plus on its SV8870 SoC. Ocean Blue has a CI Plus solution that is V1.3.1 ready and includes the CI+ browser module for use in host devices such as set top boxes and IDTVs.
News categories: Skyviia, Ocean Blue, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV