Digital TV News: Oi S.A
Brazil's Oi to add TV Everywhere to quad-play service
Aug 11, 2015 – According to NexTVLatam, Oi, the largest telecommunications company in Brazil, has announced plans to add a TV Everywhere service to its Oi Play platform. Oi Play is a quad play service combining broadband, mobile and telephony with DTH satellite TV.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Broadcom enables Oi's live Ultra HD World Cup broadcasts in Brazil
Jul 1, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 system-on-a-chip (SoC) will power live broadcasts of the 2014 World Cup in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) by Oi, one of the leading operators in Brazil.
News categories: Broadcom, Oi S.A, Dan Marotta, Eduardo Aspesi, Brazil, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
BB-BUSINESS BUREAU maps Americas pay TV after AT&T-DIRECTV merger
May 29, 2014 – BB-BUSINESS BUREAU has combined its own primary Latin America information with especially collected US data to show the pay TV and broadband competitive landscapes after AT&T acquires DIRECTV.
News categories: BB-BUSINESS BUREAU, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers
Brazil's Oi TV ends 2012 with 757,000 subscribers, up 116% YoY
Feb 18, 2013 – Oi S.A. has disclosed its results for the 4th quarter and year of 2012. The Pay TV segment recorded another quarter of strong growth, adding 153 thousand customers in the quarter (+25.3%) and 406 thousand in the year (+115.7%) to 757 thousand customers.
News categories: Oi S.A., Brazil, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV