Digital TV News: On Digital Media
CRTC releases report on the broadcasting sector in Canada
Oct 25, 2016 – Canada's CRTC has released a report that shows how the viewing and listening habits of Canadians are transforming the broadcasting industry. Canadians are consuming more audio and video content on digital media and over devices connected to the Internet.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
Netflix viewing on digital media players surges in U.S.
Sep 26, 2014 – A growing number of US households are relying on dedicated set-top/plug-in devices (a.k.a., digital media players) to watch Netflix on a TV set, according to a GfK study, Over-the-Top TV 2014.
News categories: GfK, David Tice, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
200,000 subscribers for South Africa's TopTV
Jan 18, 2011 – TopTV, the satellite pay TV service launched by On Digital Media (ODM) on May 1st 2010 in South Africa, has said that it now has more than 200,000 subscribers, with a record 50,000 activations in December alone.
News categories: TopTV, On Digital Media, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Subscribers
TopTV sells 50,000 STBs in first 6 hours
May 3, 2010 – On the first day of its launch in South Africa, On Digital Media's TopTV satellite TV service sold 50,000 decoders in less than six hours.
News categories: TopTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Subscribers
On Digital Media Contracts Three Transponders on ASTRA
Apr 19, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a capacity agreement with South African pay-TV operator On Digital Media (ODM) for three transponders on its ASTRA 4A satellite.
News categories: SES ASTRA, On Digital Media, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
May 2010 launch for TopTV DTH in South Africa
Mar 18, 2010 – On Digital Media (ODM) is on the verge of introducing choice, flexibility and affordability to the multi-channel television market in South Africa under its brand of TopTV.
News categories: On Digital Media, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
NDS Provides On Digital Media with Key Technologies to Launch South African Pay-TV Platform
Feb 22, 2010 – NDS has announced that On Digital Media has selected NDS as technology provider and prime integrator to support the launch of its direct-to-home (DTH) platform in South Africa. The new service, TopTV, will go live in Q2 2010.
News categories: NDS Group, On Digital Media, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, South Africa
Sarnoff Launches New Digital Test Pattern at NAB Show
Apr 8, 2008 – Sarnoff will showcase its Digital Test Pattern, an easy-to-use tool that enables the accurate evaluation and calibration of a wide range of digital television equipment, at the National Association of Broadcasters Show, April 14-17, in Las Vegas.
News categories: Sarnoff, Digital TV, NABShow
SecureMedia Protects The Caribbean's First IPTV Deployment
Jan 14, 2008 – SecureMedia has announced that Bonairean telecom operator Telefonia Bonairiano NV (Telbo) has launched 'mitv', its new Digital TV over ADSL 2+ network protected by the Encryptonite ONE System.
News categories: SecureMedia, Telefonia Bonairiano (Telbo), Broadband, Caribbean, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV