Digital TV News: On2 Technologies
VeriSilicon Expands SoC Platform with On2 Finland Video IP
May 10, 2010 – VeriSilicon and On2 Finland have announced a wide-ranging partnership that adds the multi-format video encode/decode solutions from On2 Finland to VeriSilicon's expanding, system level star IP portfolio.
News categories: On2, VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Imagination Technologies' video decoder cores to support On2 VP6 video format
Jan 8, 2010 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) and On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) are working together to enable Imagination to support decoding of On2 video formats, beginning with VP6, which will be introduced into the POWERVR VXD family in Q1 2010.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, On2 Technologies, CES2021, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
On2 Releases Hantro Multiformat Hardware Decoder with On2 VP6 Support
Oct 8, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has released its new flagship hardware video decoder design, the Hantro™ 9190. The 9190 is the tenth generation of the Hantro line of decoders.
News categories: On2, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
On2 Technologies Licenses VP6 Video Decoder Technology to videantis
Sep 22, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that videantis has licensed its VP6 video decoder source code for implementation in the videantis v-MPx programmable processor platform.
News categories: On2, videantis, Licensing, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
On2 takes licence to produce DivX IP Video cores
Sep 15, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) and On2 Technologies Finland have announced a license agreement for DivX® technology. The agreement enables On2 to develop hardware-based semiconductor IP video cores capable of decoding high quality DivX Home Theater video.
News categories: DivX, On2, Licensing, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Google to Acquire On2 Technologies
Aug 5, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) have jointly announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Google will acquire On2, a leading developer of video compression technology.
News categories: On2, Google, Digital TV, MnA, OTT
On2 Technologies Introduces Hantro 9170 HD Video Decoder
Apr 9, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE AMEX:ONT) has announced the availability of its ninth-generation hardware video codec design, the Hantro™ 9170. The design supports video playback up to full HD (1080p) resolution at 60 frames per second (fps) in multiple formats.
News categories: On2, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
VisualOn Integrates On2 VP6 Video Into Mobile Multimedia Applications
Mar 25, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has licensed its On2 VP6® video format and software to VisualOn. VisualOn will optimize and integrate VP6 decoding software into its multimedia application suite for mobile platforms.
News categories: On2, VisualOn, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
On2 Technologies Announces the Hantro™ 8270 Area and Speed Optimized 1080p Hardware Video Encoder
Feb 16, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Alternext: ONT) has announced the introduction of its latest hardware design, the Hantro™ 8270 1080p Encoder. The new design supports H.264 Baseline, Main and High Profile video along with 16Mpixel JPEG still images.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Camcorder, Mobile, MWC20, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0