Digital TV News: Open Connectivity Foundation
Open Connectivity Foundation introduces Smart Home standard
Jan 2, 2020 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF) has announced that products from BSC Computer, COMMAX, Haier, LG Electronics, Resideo, Samsung and SURE Universal will be showcased in completely interoperable smart home demonstrations at a press event in Las Vegas on January 6, 2020.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, Viktor Ariel, Jörg Hofmann, Woo Seok Byun, Guohuo Chen, I.P. Park, Scott Harkins, CES2020, Smart Home, Worldwide
Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal turn the STB into a Smart Home gateway
Sep 13, 2018 – Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal have announced a Smart Home IoT solution for Operators. The collaboration between the two companies transforms standard set-top box hardware into a comprehensive Smart Home solution.
News categories: Skyworth, SURE Universal, Charlie Zheng, Viktor Ariel, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Comcast previews whole-home networking solution at CES2017
Jan 4, 2017 – At CES, Comcast has previewed a new, whole-home networking solution that will provide customers with a simple, fast and intuitive way to control and manage their Digital Home and the devices connected to it.
News categories: Comcast, Chris Satchell, Cable TV, CES2020, CPE, Smart Home, USA
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020