Digital TV News: Open Connectivity Foundation
Open Connectivity Foundation introduces Smart Home standard
Jan 2, 2020 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF) has announced that products from BSC Computer, COMMAX, Haier, LG Electronics, Resideo, Samsung and SURE Universal will be showcased in completely interoperable smart home demonstrations at a press event in Las Vegas on January 6, 2020.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, Viktor Ariel, Jörg Hofmann, Woo Seok Byun, Guohuo Chen, I.P. Park, Scott Harkins, CES2021, Smart Home, Worldwide
Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal turn the STB into a Smart Home gateway
Sep 13, 2018 – Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal have announced a Smart Home IoT solution for Operators. The collaboration between the two companies transforms standard set-top box hardware into a comprehensive Smart Home solution.
News categories: Skyworth, SURE Universal, Charlie Zheng, Viktor Ariel, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Comcast previews whole-home networking solution at CES2017
Jan 4, 2017 – At CES, Comcast has previewed a new, whole-home networking solution that will provide customers with a simple, fast and intuitive way to control and manage their Digital Home and the devices connected to it.
News categories: Comcast, Chris Satchell, Cable TV, CES2021, CPE, Smart Home, USA
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution