Digital TV News: OpenView HD
Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA
Nov 5, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the extension of its content protection partnership with Openview in South Africa. NAGRA's cardless solutions will continue to secure eMedia, the operator’s Openview free-to-view satellite TV platform.
News categories: NAGRA, eMedia, Openview, Thierry Legrand, Antonio Lee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
May 23, 2019 – eMedia Holdings has released results for the year ended 31 March 2019. Openview set-top box activations continue to grow at an average of 35,000 per month. At the end of the period, a total of 1,574,395 (2018: 1,149,217) boxes have been activated.
News categories: eMedia Holdings, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers
SmarDTV supplies SIP silicon to Altech UEC for OpenView HD STB
May 9, 2017 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its System-In-Package technology has been selected by Altech UEC to supply the local retail market with an HD set-top box for OpenView HD, South Africa’s FTA satellite TV platform.
News categories: SmarDTV, Altech UEC, Pascal Lenoir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
NAGRA cardless content protection selected by Platco in South Africa
Nov 14, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its cardless content protection solution was selected by Platco Digital, South Africa’s fastest growing direct-to-home service provider, to secure the newest deployments of its OpenView HD platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Platco Digital, Thierry Legrand, Christopher Schouten, Patrick Conroy, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa, Video Exchange
South Africa's OpenView HD now available on same satellite as DStv
Oct 6, 2014 – OpenView HD, South Africa’s first free-to-view DTH satellite television platform, will soon also be available on the same satellite dish used to receive DStv, Vivid and Freevision services.
News categories: Platco Digital, OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
OpenView HD FTA DTH service launches in South Africa
Oct 16, 2013 – OpenView HD, Platco Digital’s free-to-air satellite TV platform, is operational and South African viewers can take advantage of an offering that requires nothing more than a one-off payment with no monthly subscription fee.
News categories: OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers