Digital TV News: Opera Software
Opera sells majority of its connected TV business
Dec 20, 2016 – Opera Software and Moore Frères & Company, an investment holding company focused exclusively on the tech, media, and telecom industries, have announced that Moore Frères has acquired a majority, controlling stake in Opera TV.
News categories: Opera TV, Moore Frères, Lars Boilesen, Aneesh Rajaram, Martez R. Moore, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
Golden Brick to acquire non-TV parts of Opera's consumer business
Jul 18, 2016 – Opera and Golden Brick Capital Private Equity Fund I have entered into a share purchase agreement to acquire certain parts of Opera's consumer business. Opera Mediaworks, Opera Apps & Games and Opera TV are not included in the transaction.
News categories: Opera Software, Golden Brick, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Opera TV launches on LG Smart TVs
Nov 5, 2015 – Brands, broadcasters and content owners can now extend their existing online video channels and video content catalogs to LG Smart TVs at no extra cost, with Opera TV Snap, the toolkit for generating Smart TV channels.
News categories: Opera Software, LG, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
Opera TV solutions to power Telechips' OTT platforms
Sep 9, 2015 – Opera Software has announced that with the support of the Opera Devices SDK 4.x series and the Opera TV Store, Telechips will be able to demonstrate live and over-the-top (OTT) premium content streams from partners, such as BBC iPlayer and hundreds of other TV apps.
News categories: Opera Software, Telechips, Aneesh Rajaram, Yongkwon Lee, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Latest Opera TV solution to debut on Android TVs in 2015
Jan 5, 2015 – The industry’s first Blink-based TV rendering engine, by Opera Software, will ship on the latest Smart TVs and entertainment devices based on Android L: on televisions from Sony and connected-TV devices from TCL.
News categories: Opera Software, Sony Corp, TCL, Aneesh Rajaram, Android TV, CES2021, Digital TV, HTML5, Smart TV
Video traffic expected to reach 65% of mobile data within 5 years
Nov 20, 2014 – Mobile Video and Data Optimization Could Deliver Mobile Operator Equipment Savings and Revenue Boost of US$28.7 Billion SINGAPORE — The consumption of mobile telecom services by consumers is no longer proportional to the revenue generated for mobile operators. In many countries, 4G LTE tariff plans have been introduced at the same price points as their […]
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Altech to offer HTML5 apps via the Opera TV Store
Sep 23, 2014 – Altech Multimedia and Opera Software are extending their partnership to bring the Opera TV Store application platform on board selected Altech set-top boxes, kicking off in Australia before rolling out internationally.
News categories: Opera Software, Altech Multimedia, Aneesh Rajaram, Russell Futter, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box
TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
Sep 16, 2014 – Opera Software has announced that an increasing number of U.S. cable TV operators are offering apps and video content to their subscriber bases through the Opera TV Store running on TiVo’s whole-home gateway DVR and multi-room client devices.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, USA
Opera launches advertising solution for connected TV
Sep 9, 2014 – App publishers, Smart TV device manufacturers and pay-TV operators are now able to monetize their content by serving video advertising, on any platform, with the launch by Opera Software of the Opera TV Ads SDK.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet