Digital TV News: Opera TV
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
Kaon Media cuts time-to-market by selecting Vewd
Oct 4, 2017 – Vewd has announced that Kaon Media has selected Vewd products for its next generation of set-top boxes. Kaon selected Vewd for two reasons: its ability to cut time-to-market significantly, and support for what OTT TV operators want to offer.
News categories: Vewd, Kaon Media, Aneesh Rajaram, Chulmin Kim, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd certifies Wiztivi UI framework for pay TV
Sep 17, 2017 – Vewd (formerly Opera TV) has announced a partnership with Wiztivi that will offer pay-TV operators peace-of-mind and radically faster time-to-market when selecting Wiztivi’s UI framework.
News categories: Wiztivi, Vewd, Manuel Dujardin, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Freeview Play is first profile for Opera TV's new EPG
Sep 14, 2017 – Opera TV has revealed a new, modern electronic program guide (EPG) which manufacturers of Smart TVs and set-top boxes can use to transform their end-consumer experiences to address current market trends and requirements.
News categories: Opera TV, Digital UK, Aneesh Rajaram, James Jackson, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, UX
Opera TV works with IRT and BBC on content insertion and media sync for HbbTV
Sep 14, 2017 – Opera TV has announced that it is the first vendor to showcase pan-European support for dynamic content insertion and media synchronization using the latest HbbTV standards. Opera TV will bring these technologies to market in 2018.
News categories: Opera TV, Institut für Rundfunktechnik, BBC, Aneesh Rajaram, Klaus Merkel, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, UX, Worldwide
Eros Now partners with Opera TV
Aug 11, 2017 – Eros International (NYSE: EROS) has announced that Eros Now, its OTT South Asian entertainment platform, will now be available on all Opera TV powered devices including smart TVs, Blu-ray disc players and set-top boxes worldwide.
News categories: Opera, Eros International, Aneesh Rajaram, Rishika Lulla Singh, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
ALTBalaji to be available on Opera TV powered devices
Jun 26, 2017 – ALTBalaji has announced its content availability on Opera TV. This means that all Smart TVs, Blu-ray disc players and set-top boxes powered by Opera TV, will provide instant access to over 250 hours of original content from ALTBalaji.
News categories: ALTBalaji, Opera, Sunil Nair, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
Opera TV ported to ALi STB SoCs
May 22, 2017 – Opera TV and ALi Corporation have announced the integration of Opera TV’s solution into ALi's set-top box (STB) SoCs. The market-ready combination provides consumers with access to OTT content directly from their STB.
News categories: Opera, ALi Corp, Aneesh Rajaram, Tony Chang, Apps, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Opera TV join forces with JW Player
May 2, 2017 – Opera TV has announced JW Player as its newest Opera TV Snap partner. Together, Opera TV Snap and JW Player will enable JW Players’ over two million supported websites to package online video channels into ready-to-run TV apps.
News categories: Opera TV, JW Player, Daniel Nordberg, Dave Otten, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service