Digital TV News: Opera Software
Entropic reports first quarter 2014 results
May 1, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2014. Entropic reported first quarter net revenues of $55.7 million. This compares to $74.5 million in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Opera TV Store for Swisscom set-top boxes
Apr 3, 2014 – Opera Software and Swisscom have announced that the Opera TV Store application platform is set to land on Swisscom set-top boxes. It is the first European pay-TV operator to bring the Opera TV Store on board.
News categories: Opera Software, Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
RCA to launch Opera-powered Smart TVs in the US
Mar 20, 2014 – Opera has announces a partnership with ON Corporation, one of RCA's brand licensees, to provide online content, TV apps and internet browsing to help cater for the increasing OTT demand in the United States.
News categories: Opera Software, ON Corp, Jonathan Zupnik, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Opera Software partners with Discretix for OTT HD on connected TVs
Mar 17, 2014 – Discretix and Opera have announced a partnership to bring secure OTT HD content and services to connected TVs, utilizing HTML5 to reduce the effort needed to support services across multiple entertainment devices.
News categories: Discretix, Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Yossi Hermush, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Opera adds hybrid TV for Blink and YouTube enhancements
Mar 17, 2014 – Opera Software has announced it has extended the HbbTV capabilities of its Opera Devices SDK to the Blink engine and has added official certification for implemention of YouTube on TV.
News categories: Opera Software, HbbTV, OTT, Video Exchange, Worldwide
RCN brings Opera TV Store to TiVo set-top boxes
Feb 18, 2014 – The Opera TV Store is set to bring hundreds of entertaining apps to all TiVo set-top boxes for U.S. cable operator RCN. It is the first pay-TV cable operator to launch Opera Software's app platform on its TiVo devices.
News categories: Opera Software, RCN, Jason Nealis, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Opera brings Blink-based SDK to Entropic RDK implementations
Feb 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Opera Software have announced their RDK (Reference Design Kit) collaboration using the OpenEmbedded core technology and the Yocto Project Linux development environment.
News categories: Entropic, Opera Software, Roger Gregory, Aneesh Rajaram, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Skyworth selects full suite of Opera TV solutions
Jan 20, 2014 – Skyworth has announced that Skyworth is launching its new Smart TV models powered by the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK), Opera TV Store and Opera TV browser.
News categories: Opera Software, Skyworth, Sun Weizhong, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, Smart TV
Opera Devices SDK for Sigma Designs' Smart TV processors
Jan 9, 2014 – Opera Software and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have announced that the Opera Devices SDK will land in Sigma Designs’ Smart TV processors.
News categories: Opera Software, Sigma Designs, Aneesh Rajaram, Mustafa Ozgen, CES2020, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs