Digital TV News: Orange TV
Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
Nov 13, 2019 – Orange has launched its Djingo Speaker and a voice-controlled TV remote for customers with an ultra HD set up box, already used by 1.5 million customers. Djingo offers a smooth, natural and secure experience when using its services and those provided by its partners.
News categories: Orange, Mari-Noëlle Jégo-Laveissière, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
Oct 9, 2019 – Orange France has launched its Livebox 5. The new box was designed to accommodate customers’ increased usage and their need to share speeds in the home. With the Livebox 5, Orange is going one step further in its initiative to reduce its equipment’s carbon footprint.
News categories: Orange, Fabienne Dulac, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV
Orange Spain adds Amazon Prime Video to its Android TV set-top
Apr 25, 2019 – Orange Spain has reached an agreement with Amazon that has enabled it to integrate the Prime Video app into its Android TV based 4K HDR decoder. As a result, Orange TV customers will have easy access directly on their box to Prime Video content.
News categories: Orange, Prime Video, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain
Orange Belgium updates STB UI and Orange TV mobile App
Oct 29, 2018 – Orange Belgium has started updating the decoders of its more than 155,000 Love customers all over the country. Plus, the latest version of the Orange TV app allows customers to pause/timeshift up to 1 hour whilst watching.
News categories: Orange, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Orange Slovensko extends TV offer to satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Slovensko has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) expanding its pay-TV offer via satellite and enabling a nationwide reach across Slovakia. Orange will broadcast from EUTELSAT 16A to reach households not covered by its FTTH network.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orange, Michel Azibert, Pavol Lančarič, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Satellite, Slovakia
Orange TV Spain extends availability with TV App Agency
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Spain has renewed its Orange TV service across Smart TV, web and Android TV Operator Tier by leveraging various technologies from TV App Agency. By partnering with TV App Agency, Orange was able to launch quickly across multiple platforms.
News categories: TV App Agency, Orange, Bruno Pereira, Josep Maria Rabes Cabus, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, TV Everywhere
Orange Belgium expands video service with ZAPPWARE
May 31, 2018 – Orange Belgium is expanding its convergent offering with an evolution of its video features. This also broadens the scope for Zappware, Orange Belgium’s Digital TV Technology partner, who developed the multiscreen video platform.
News categories: Zappware, Orange, Patrick Vos, Cristina Zanchi, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, UX
Orange use Norigin Media TV apps in Africa
Sep 27, 2017 – Orange TV has launches in Côte d’Ivoire using multi-screen TV Apps from Norigin Media. The service offers premium TV streaming on mobiles and tablets with the option of casting onto larger screens.
News categories: Norigin, Orange, Ajey Anand, Apps, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Mobile
Orange and Netflix ink major international agreement
Sep 14, 2017 – Orange and Netflix have renewed the agreement signed in 2014 for the distribution of Netflix for Orange TV customers in France, and have expanded their partnership to all countries in which the Orange Group is present.
News categories: Netflix, Orange, Reed Hastings, Stéphane Richard, Belgium, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, OTT, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Spain, Tunisia
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS