Digital TV News: Orange TV
Orange unveils entity to strengthen its presence in content
Jul 11, 2017 – Orange has announced the creation of Orange Content, an entity to strengthen the presence of Orange in the field of content. Its mission is to drive the Group’s strategy in content and to act as a support for all the countries where the Group is present.
News categories: Orange, Stéphane Richard, David Kessler, Serge Laroye, Digital TV, France, Worldwide
Nuance Dragon TV powers Orange TV mobile app in France
Sep 8, 2016 – Nuance (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology is powering the Orange France Orange TV experience with its mobile app for Android and iOS, delivering the first voice-enabled trans-service IPTV experience in France.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Orange, Kenn Harper, Christian Bombrun, Apps, Digital TV, France, Mobile, UX
Orange’s New Livebox available starting May 19th
May 12, 2016 – The New Livebox was designed by Orange to meet essential needs expressed by its customers. In particular, it responds to a change in uses by offering ultra-powerful connectivity on all of its screens, in every room of the home.
News categories: Orange, Fabienne Dulac, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Orange unveils its new Livebox
Mar 16, 2016 – Orange has announced the launch of its new Livebox. The New Livebox from Orange features optimized speed for both ADSL and Fibre. Orange also announced Livebox Storage with a 1TB hard disk and a new Ultra HD Decoder set-top box.
News categories: Orange, Stéphane Richard, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Irdeto selected for Genflix OTT in Indonesia
Jun 2, 2015 – Irdeto has announced that PT Mega Media Indonesia Group, owner of satellite pay TV service, Orange TV, has selected Irdeto’s end-to-end Multiscreen services to support the launch of Genflix, Indonesia’s first-ever commercial over-the-top (OTT) content delivery service.
News categories: Irdeto, Orange TV, Bengt Jonsson, Supeno Lembang, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Elemental video processing for Indonesia's first commercial OTT service
May 31, 2015 – Elemental has announced it is enabling the Orange TV Group within PT Mega Media to expand its Genflix service availability on a variety of smart devices and to broaden content offers for subscribers across Indonesia.
News categories: Elemental, Orange TV, Irdeto, Genflix, Dan Marshall, Keith Wymbs, Bobby Sidharta, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Orange TV Stick powered by Espial HTML5 client
Apr 29, 2015 – Espial has announced that Orange has launched a consumer streaming device called Orange TV Stick based on Espial's HTML5 Client software. Orange’s new platform provides European consumers with a rich set of video services.
News categories: Espial, Orange, Jaison Dolvane, Martin Conan, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Orange presents strategic plan to 2020
Mar 17, 2015 – Orange has presented its strategic plan to 2020, called 'Essentials2020'. Orange intends to offer richer connectivity in each of the markets in which the Group is active.
News categories: Orange, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, Poland, Romania, Set Top Box, Spain
Spain's Orange TV passes the 100,000 subscriber mark
Jan 9, 2015 – Orange has announced that its Orange TV IPTV service in Spain now has more than 100,000 subscribers, up 25% since the beginning of the 2013.
News categories: Orange, IPTV, Mobile, Spain, Subscribers
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020