Digital TV News: Orb Networks
Orb Networks Announces New Internet TV Software for Blu-Ray and PS3 Players at CES Show
Jan 7, 2011 – At CES, Orb Networks announced new software for Blu-ray and PlayStation 3 players that allows consumers to watch thousands of online TV shows from Hulu, HuluPlus, Comedy Central and more on their home TV.
News categories: Orb Networks, Apps, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT
Orb Launches First Internet TV Solution That Allows Consumers to Watch All Their Online TV Shows on a TV
Nov 18, 2010 – Orb Networks has launched the first Internet TV product that allows consumers to watch thousands of online TV shows from Hulu, ESPN3, Comedy Central and more by bringing it to the home TV for comfortable, big screen viewing.
News categories: Orb Networks, Apps, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Orb Networks Launches Orb Live for iPad and Android Phones
Jun 9, 2010 – Orb Networks has announced the availability of its Orb Live software for the iPad and Android phones. Orb Live lets users placeshift their personal media such as music, photos and videos, live TV, and internet TV from their PC to their portable device.
News categories: Orb Networks, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting
Orb Opens iPhones - No More iTunes Jail
May 28, 2008 – In a major breakthrough for iPhone and iPod touch owners, Orb Networks has announced that owners of these Apple devices can now play all their media - music, recorded and live TV, downloaded and home movies, and more - directly from their computers.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, OTT, Tablet
Orb First to Enable Live TV on iPhone
May 8, 2008 – Orb Networks has announced the world's first way to stream live TV to the iPhone and iPod touch. For the first time, iPhone users can enjoy the immediacy of live sporting events and fast-breaking news on their phone.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Placeshifting
ViXS Systems Ports Orb Embedded Solution onto XCode™ Family of ICs
Feb 20, 2008 – Orb Networks and ViXS Systems have announced the porting of the Orb Embedded Solution (OeS) onto the ViXS XCode™ family of products.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor
Orb Opens Architecture, Licenses Technology to CE Manufacturers
Feb 14, 2008 – Orb Networks has announced a licensing program that will allow manufacturers and service providers to aggregate content from virtually anywhere - connected devices, online and broadband services powered by the internet, and wireless networks.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Amino Technologies Results For The Year Ended 30 November 2007
Jan 28, 2008 – Amino Technologies (stock code: AMO) has announced its audited final results for the year ended 30 November 2007. Shipments of AmiNET products for the period increased 45% to 598,000.
News categories: Amino, Earnings Release, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Results, Set Top Box
Orb Networks Hits 2 Million-User Mark
Nov 7, 2007 – Orb Networks has announced that it has passed two million registered users, just 2 weeks after hitting the 1 million mark.
News categories: Orb Networks, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Subscribers
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers