Digital TV News: Orbit Showtime
280 satellite pay TV channels in the Arab World
Nov 8, 2015 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, as of October 2015 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the Arab Region, offered a combined total of 280 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arab satellite pay TV providers broadcast a total of 151 channels
Oct 7, 2013 – Research by the Arab Advisors Group reveals that as of August 2013 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors Group, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, DVR, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Batelco Announces Launch of TV Over Broadband in Bahrain
Sep 18, 2011 – Batelco has announced that IPTV will soon be available for broadband customers. Batelco subscribers who are residents of Reef Island are able to sign up for IPTV today. Batelco will deliver IPTV in partnership with Selevision.
News categories: Selevision, Batelco, Bahrain, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
110,000 HD DTH subscribers for Orbit Showtime Network
Aug 30, 2010 – The region's first bouquet of high definition channels is now being enjoyed by over 110,000 Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) subscribers. The addition of extra HD channels responds to increasing customer demand for high quality programming.
News categories: Orbit Showtime, DVR, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Orbit Showtime launches HD channels
Jan 17, 2010 – Orbit Showtime, formed from the merger between Orbit and Showtime, has revealed its new name, OSN-Orbit Showtime Network. Starting February 1st, OSN will launch 8 brand new channels including the region's first three high definition channels.
News categories: Orbit Showtime, Bahrain, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UAE
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform