Digital TV News: Orbit Showtime
280 satellite pay TV channels in the Arab World
Nov 8, 2015 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, as of October 2015 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the Arab Region, offered a combined total of 280 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arab satellite pay TV providers broadcast a total of 151 channels
Oct 7, 2013 – Research by the Arab Advisors Group reveals that as of August 2013 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors Group, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, DVR, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Batelco Announces Launch of TV Over Broadband in Bahrain
Sep 18, 2011 – Batelco has announced that IPTV will soon be available for broadband customers. Batelco subscribers who are residents of Reef Island are able to sign up for IPTV today. Batelco will deliver IPTV in partnership with Selevision.
News categories: Selevision, Batelco, Bahrain, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
110,000 HD DTH subscribers for Orbit Showtime Network
Aug 30, 2010 – The region's first bouquet of high definition channels is now being enjoyed by over 110,000 Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) subscribers. The addition of extra HD channels responds to increasing customer demand for high quality programming.
News categories: Orbit Showtime, DVR, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Orbit Showtime launches HD channels
Jan 17, 2010 – Orbit Showtime, formed from the merger between Orbit and Showtime, has revealed its new name, OSN-Orbit Showtime Network. Starting February 1st, OSN will launch 8 brand new channels including the region's first three high definition channels.
News categories: Orbit Showtime, Bahrain, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UAE
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices