Digital TV News: Orbit Showtime
280 satellite pay TV channels in the Arab World
Nov 8, 2015 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, as of October 2015 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the Arab Region, offered a combined total of 280 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arab satellite pay TV providers broadcast a total of 151 channels
Oct 7, 2013 – Research by the Arab Advisors Group reveals that as of August 2013 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors Group, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, DVR, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Batelco Announces Launch of TV Over Broadband in Bahrain
Sep 18, 2011 – Batelco has announced that IPTV will soon be available for broadband customers. Batelco subscribers who are residents of Reef Island are able to sign up for IPTV today. Batelco will deliver IPTV in partnership with Selevision.
News categories: Selevision, Batelco, Bahrain, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
110,000 HD DTH subscribers for Orbit Showtime Network
Aug 30, 2010 – The region's first bouquet of high definition channels is now being enjoyed by over 110,000 Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) subscribers. The addition of extra HD channels responds to increasing customer demand for high quality programming.
News categories: Orbit Showtime, DVR, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Orbit Showtime launches HD channels
Jan 17, 2010 – Orbit Showtime, formed from the merger between Orbit and Showtime, has revealed its new name, OSN-Orbit Showtime Network. Starting February 1st, OSN will launch 8 brand new channels including the region's first three high definition channels.
News categories: Orbit Showtime, Bahrain, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UAE
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
- Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
- Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
- Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
- Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
- MadHive, Inscape to enable linear, OTT planning, activation & attribution for Local TV
- MediaMath launches contextual ad targeting for video with IRIS.TV
- NAGRA to demonstrate technology portfolio at ConnecTechAsia 2019
- Shenzhen Topway goes Ultra HD with Harmonic
- Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
- Rakuten launches Rakuten Sports streaming service
- Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected
- BARB commissions Kantar Focal Meter for UK TV audience measurement
- ATEME provides headend to the Egyptian National Media Authority
- Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
- Flix Snip expands to Spain and Italy on Huawei Video
- Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
- Norwegian video entertainment market grows 6% in 2018