Digital TV News: Oregan
ZTE forges global alliance with Oregan Networks
Mar 14, 2014 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced its selection of Oregan Networks as a supplier of Set Top Box technology components, as well as design and integration expertise for hybrid Pay TV projects.
News categories: Oregan Networks, ZTE, Frank Fang, Mark Perry, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Oregan Deploys OTT with Communications Authority of Thailand
Mar 18, 2013 – Oregan Networks and Thailand's state-owned CAT Telecom (CAT) have announced a successful launch of an Over the Top entertainment service to broadband subscribers on CAT's 3G and fixed line networks.
News categories: Oregan Networks, CAT Telecom, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Thailand, Video Exchange
Oregan Networks Releases Browser with Emphasis on Performance, Security and Multiscreen Delivery
News categories: Oregan Networks, CES2020, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
Batelco BlackBox Pioneers Broadband TV in Bahrain using Oregan Digital TV Middleware
Nov 30, 2012 – Oregan Networks has announced that Batelco, the largest telecom operator and ISP in Bahrain, has based the country's first broadband video service on set-top boxes using Oregan's technology.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Batelco, Bahrain, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Oregan widens distribution with Dixons Retail's Logik Smart TV
Nov 21, 2011 – Oregan Networks has announced that it now supplies its web services platform for Logik, one of Dixons Retail's portfolio of exclusive brands in the UK.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Dixons, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
MediaCorp selects Oregan Media Browser for delivery of internet video programming and context-relevant applications
Nov 2, 2011 – Oregan Networks has announced that it has been selected by MediaCorp, Singapore's leading media company, as a key enabler of its up-coming Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive TV service on set top boxes.
News categories: Oregan Networks, MediaCorp, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore
Oregan™ releases hybrid media browser combining digital terrestrial and over the top video capabilities
Aug 24, 2011 – Oregan Networks has launched a new hybrid version 4.2 of its software, which delivers Broadcast and Internet Protocol media functionalities in a single software stack. Demonstrations on low cost silicon platforms will be held at IBC 2011.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Conditional Access, DRM, IBC2019, ISDB-T, Middleware, OTT, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Connected SHARP TVs powered by Onyx reach Italian consumers
Aug 5, 2011 – SHARP's connected HDTVs, incorporating Oregan's Onyx browser, are now available for purchase by Italian consumers. The Oregan connectivity technology works as the OTT media delivery engine powering the TV's AQUOS NET functionality.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Sharp Corp, Italy, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
LOVEFiLM Service Widens Its Reach with Oregan's Onyx Browser for Connected TVs
Mar 14, 2011 – LOVEFiLM launches its WatchNow video service on Oregan Networks' Onyx media browser, which will further increase LOVEFiLM's platform capability to address a broader cross section of internet-connected televisions and set-top boxes.
News categories: Oregan Networks, LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues