Digital TV News: PCCW
Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
Jul 9, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its cloud-based personalized content discovery platform is the first in the industry to scale to over 100 million monthly active users in the cloud. Four of the firm’s OTT customers now have a combined user base that exceeds that number.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
PCCW Media selects Harmonic media processing SaaS
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that PCCW Media is using Harmonic's VOS Cluster SaaS for its Now TV, now Player and Now E services. VOS Cluster cloud-native media processing speeds up time to market for new services.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW, Tony Berthaud, Belinda Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, NABShow, OTT
45% of Thai consumers use pirated TV boxes
Nov 14, 2018 – In a recent study, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association's Coalition Against Piracy, into the content viewing behaviour of Thai consumers, it was revealed that 45% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, True Visions, Neil Gane, Sompan Charumilinda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand
PCCW Media delivers live UHD HDR football coverage with Harmonic
Jun 25, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that PCCW Media's Now TV pay TV service in Hong Kong is delivering 4K live coverage of world-class sports events using an UHD HDR solution from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW, Tony Berthaud, Kevin Chu, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
PCCW's OTT service adds additional investors
Aug 10, 2017 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) is introducing Hony Capital, Foxconn Ventures and Temasek as investors in PCCW International OTT (Cayman Islands) Holdings Limited. The strategic investment will strengthen PCCW OTT’s ability to enhance its core value proposition of relevant content.
News categories: PCCW, Hony Capital, Foxconn, Janice Lee, John Zhao, Fang Ming Lu, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
Amino adapts STB software to run on legacy boxes
May 18, 2017 – Amino has announced that its Amino ENABLE virtual set-top box software is empowering TV operators to migrate to an all IP/Cloud future. It will have its public debut at Broadcast Asia and ANGA this month.
News categories: Amino, Cincinnati Bell, Mark Evensen, Donald McGarva, Tom Simpson, ANGA COM, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware