Digital TV News: PLDT
iflix secures additional $133 million funding
Aug 7, 2017 – iflix has announced that it has completed a $133 million funding round. The round was led by Hearst and included new investors Singapore-based EDBI and clients of DBS private bank. Existing shareholders also increased their investments.
News categories: iflix, Hearst, Mark Britt, Neeraj Khemlani, Rick Hess, Patrick Grove, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Venture Capital
Vimond powers PLDT’s platform consolidation project
Jun 27, 2017 – Vimond Media Solutions has announced that PLDT, the largest telecommunications and digital services provider in the Philippines, has selected Vimond to drive the OTT video solution in PLDT’s platform consolidation project.
News categories: Vimond, PLDT, Miguel Silva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
PLDT announces next generation TVolution streaming box
Apr 26, 2017 – PLDT has announced the next generation of its TVolution streaming box. PLDT has worked with Roku to deliver to its customers a fully proven solution that is easy to use and loaded with great content.
News categories: PLDT, Roku, Oscar Reyes Jr, Andrew Ferrone, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
PLDT licenses Roku to launch streaming service and player
Sep 9, 2016 – Roku and PLDT have announced that PLDT is the fifth operator that has joined the Roku Powered program, and the first operator in Asia to leverage the Roku streaming platform to deliver TV services to its broadband customers.
News categories: Roku, PLDT, Andrew Ferrone, Oscar Reyes Jr, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Cignal deploying Conax Cardless content protection in the Philippines
Sep 7, 2016 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced that Philippines DTH satellite provider Cignal TV is deploying Conax Cardless content protection technology to secure its next phases of growth.
News categories: Conax, Cignal TV, Morten Solbakken, Jane J. Basas, Content Protection, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
1.2 million subscribers for PLDT's Cignal pay TV
Jan 7, 2016 – Cignal, the pay TV service from the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) has announced that it started 2016 with 1.18 million subscribers – the first and only pay TV provider in the Philippines to pass the one-million mark.
News categories: Cignal, PLDT, Oscar Enrico Reyes, Jane B. Basas, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
PLDT offers Cignal Digital TV to its broadband customers in the Philippines
Apr 9, 2015 – Philippines' communications provider PLDT HOME, has announced a partnership with Cignal Digital TV, to offer a three-in-one bundle of TV, broadband and landline as part of its home broadband service.
News categories: PLDT, Cignal, Ariel P. Fermin, Gary Dujali, Digital TV, IPTV, Philippines
Philippines' CignalTV subscribers pass 600,000 in 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) (PSE:TEL; NYSE:PHI) has announced results for 2013. Its DTH service CignalTV had 602,000 subscribers at the end of 2013, up from 441,000 at the end of 2012.
News categories: PLDT, OTT, Philippines, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019