Digital TV News: PLDT
Philippine Long Distance Telephone launches TVolution IPTV STB
Jan 14, 2014 – Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) has announced the launch of TVolution, a small device that can turn an ordinary TV to an Internet TV. The device allows streaming of movies and series straight from the Internet to televisions.
News categories: PLDT, Ariel P. Fermin, Digital TV, IPTV, Philippines, Set Top Box
OKI completes IPv6-based 4K video distribution trial
Mar 21, 2013 – OKI (TOKYO:6703) recently concluded successful trials based on the OKI MediaServer video distribution system as part of efforts to promote ITU-T IPTV Standards. These trials involved the distribution of 4K video content based on state-of-the-art IPTV technologies.
News categories: Oki Electric, Content Distribution, IPTV
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Philippine Long Distance Telephone launches online video service
Oct 12, 2009 – The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) [PSE: TEL, NYSE: PHI] has launced an online video service called Watchpad available to its myDSL subscribers in the Philippines.
News categories: PLDT, Watchpad, SyQic, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Mediascape launches 'Cignal' DTH in the Philippines
Jul 16, 2009 – MEDIAQUEST Holdings, the media investment arm of the PLDT Group of Companies, launched its 'Cignal Digital TV' direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service for the Philippines on July 14th. The service consists of 20 SD and 2 HD channels.
News categories: Cignal, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
Philippines Mobile TV Service May Be Scrapped
Oct 28, 2007 – Regulators have ordered the country's biggest telephone company and its subsidiaries to justify its continued offer of mobile television service to subscribers amid opposition from cable providers.
News categories: Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT), National Telecommunications Commission (NTC), Philippine Cable Television Association (PCTA), Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan