Digital TV News: PLDT
Philippine Long Distance Telephone launches TVolution IPTV STB
Jan 14, 2014 – Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) has announced the launch of TVolution, a small device that can turn an ordinary TV to an Internet TV. The device allows streaming of movies and series straight from the Internet to televisions.
News categories: PLDT, Ariel P. Fermin, Digital TV, IPTV, Philippines, Set Top Box
OKI completes IPv6-based 4K video distribution trial
Mar 21, 2013 – OKI (TOKYO:6703) recently concluded successful trials based on the OKI MediaServer video distribution system as part of efforts to promote ITU-T IPTV Standards. These trials involved the distribution of 4K video content based on state-of-the-art IPTV technologies.
News categories: Oki Electric, Content Distribution, IPTV
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Philippine Long Distance Telephone launches online video service
Oct 12, 2009 – The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) [PSE: TEL, NYSE: PHI] has launced an online video service called Watchpad available to its myDSL subscribers in the Philippines.
News categories: PLDT, Watchpad, SyQic, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Mediascape launches 'Cignal' DTH in the Philippines
Jul 16, 2009 – MEDIAQUEST Holdings, the media investment arm of the PLDT Group of Companies, launched its 'Cignal Digital TV' direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service for the Philippines on July 14th. The service consists of 20 SD and 2 HD channels.
News categories: Cignal, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
Philippines Mobile TV Service May Be Scrapped
Oct 28, 2007 – Regulators have ordered the country's biggest telephone company and its subsidiaries to justify its continued offer of mobile television service to subscribers amid opposition from cable providers.
News categories: Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT), National Telecommunications Commission (NTC), Philippine Cable Television Association (PCTA), Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey