Digital TV News: Pace plc
ARRIS to restructure after Pace acquisition
Feb 17, 2016 – In an SEC filing, ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has said that, as part of the integration activities related to the recently completed acquisition of Pace plc, the company will be restructuring certain operations.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Set Top Box, USA
Google announces additional Android TV partners
Oct 1, 2015 – Google has said that Hisense and TCL have been added as Smart TV partners for Android TV. The company also announced that Pace, Sagemcom and Technicolor will manufacture set-top boxes, and that KDDI and Telecom Italia are planning to provide Pay TV services powered by Android TV.
News categories: Google, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, Japan, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
BSkyB adds 113,000 TV subscribers in 2Q 2015
Jul 29, 2015 – SKY plc has announced results for the twelve months ended 30 June 2015. In the UK and Ireland quarterly TV growth increased by 49% to 113,000. Sky confirmed that it is planning to deploy a European-wide set-top box.
News categories: Sky plc, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
One third of cable subscribers to be passed by DOCSIS 3.1 by April 2017
Jul 28, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) conducted in-depth interviews with cable operators across the globe that collectively control 87 percent of the world’s cable capex and found that 42 percent of them plan to deploy a distributed access architecture (DAA) by 2017.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
Global STB shipments fell 2% to 275 million units in 2014
Jul 28, 2015 – According to Futuresource Consulting, STB shipments fell 2% to 275 million units in 2014, due to minimal growth or actual cut backs in key emerging markets, caused by economic factors or delays in government cable digitisation programs.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Jack Wetherill, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pay TV STB market contracts for the first time in 12 years
Jun 29, 2015 – Pay TV operators purchased $15.3 billion worth of set-top boxes (STBs) in 2014, down from $15.9 billion in 2013. This decline represents the first contraction in the market since 2002, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Daniel Simmons, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Video infrastructure spending outstrips client hardware and software revenue
Jun 22, 2015 – Q1 data from Synergy Research shows that revenue growth from video infrastructure network hardware and software is far outstripping growth from client hardware and software. While revenue from all video infrastructure grew by 7% Y-o-Y, network hardware and software grew at 10% and 17%.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
- Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
- Comscore and DISH Media surpass 100 DISH and Sling TV addressable ad campaigns
- TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
- Three-quarters of pay TV operators to gain subs
- Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
- Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
- Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
- AdScribe supports Publitalia '80 HbbTV advertising in Italy
- SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
- Sersat enables content delivery across Latin America via SES-14
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- Global advertising market to grow by +5% this year