Digital TV News: PacketVideo
PacketVideo Twonky extends capabilities of NOTTV in TV BOX
May 21, 2014 – PacketVideo (PV) has announced that its Twonky SDK technology will extend NOTTV capabilities through several new devices and apps being released by NTT DOCOMO, including TV BOX.
News categories: PacketVideo, NTT DOCOMO, Seiji Maruyama, Mark Tapling, Apps, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone
Hisense and PacketVideo Partner to Bring Twonky-Enabled Connected TVs to the Global Market
Jan 8, 2013 – PacketVideo has announced that its Twonky software has been selected by Hisense for use in its Google TV products and select Linux connected TVs. Twonky allows users to play content from any device in their local network, or use their mobile phone or tablet to control the TV.
News categories: PacketVideo, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
STMicroelectronics Leads the Way to the Ultimate Connected Home
Sep 6, 2012 – At IBC, STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is demonstrating the company's STiH416 ('Orly') connected-home System-on-Chip (SoC) device with Twonky Server software from PacketVideo to enable the ultimate connected-home experience.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, PacketVideo, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, IBC2020, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
ViXS Systems and PacketVideo Develop Whole Home NAS Solution
Jan 3, 2012 – At CES 2012 ViXS Systems will be demonstrating PacketVideo's TwonkyServer™ 6.0 connected home solution running on it's XCode 4208 NAS SoC. TwonkyServer makes finding media and playing it back on connected home and mobile devices as simple as drag and drop.
News categories: PacketVideo, ViXS Systems, CES2021, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
UltraViolet™ Begins B2B Deployment in U.S. Market
Jul 13, 2011 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), the consortium dedicated to facilitating the development and operation of UltraViolet™, has announced the launch of its licensing program for content, technology and service providers.
News categories: UltraViolet, Content Protection, DRM, OTT, USA
PacketVideo's CORE Multimedia Framework Powers New SoftBank 830N Handset Manufactured by NEC
Mar 10, 2009 – PacketVideo (PV) has announced that its CORE™ multimedia client framework has been selected by NEC to power advanced media services on the new SoftBank 830N handset. The SoftBank 830N has been on sale in Japan since February 2009.
News categories: PacketVideo, NEC, SoftBank, Japan, Middleware, Mobile
PacketVideo Brings Live TV to the iPhone
Feb 16, 2009 – PacketVideo (PV) [NASDAQ: WAVE] has announced the commercial availability of PV's mobile video application for the Apple iPhone, enabling the delivery of operator-branded TV and video services on the popular smartphone for the first time.
News categories: PacketVideo, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20
PacketVideo and Nagravision turn WiFi-enabled devices into mobile TVs
Feb 11, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) and PacketVideo (PV) [NASDAQ: WAVE] have introduced the first conditional access (CA)-enabled version of the Telly device. Telly turns iPhones, WiFi-enabled phones, portable media players and PCs into mobile television sets.
News categories: Nagravision, PacketVideo, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019