Digital TV News: Pantech
LTE consumer devices market to average 26% growth p.a. until 2020
Dec 3, 2015 – According to a TechSci Research, the global LTE consumer devices market is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 26% during 2015-2020 on account of rising mobile data traffic, growing demand for high speed data connectivity from enterprises and consumers, coupled with increasing research and development activities.
News categories: TechSci Research, Karan Chechi, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
eyeSight announces world's first Android set top box with gesture control
Sep 18, 2012 – eyeSight Mobile Technologies has partnered with Korean set-top box (STB) company Innodigital to release the world's first Android smart set-top box with integrated gesture recognition technology.
News categories: eyeSight Mobile, Innodigital, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Pantech For Mobile Devices
Jul 21, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that Pantech has licensed the Sorenson Spark video decoder to be included in the company's range of mobile devices. The decoder will give Pantech handset users access to the most comprehensive range of internet video.
News categories: Sorenson, Pantech, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Mobile video phone sales surge; paid services and revenue do not
Aug 18, 2009 – Infonetics Research has released a new Mobile Video Equipment, Phones, Services, and Subscribers report. Infonetics expects 397 million mobile video phones to sell worldwide in 2013, creating a market worth tens of billions of dollars.
News categories: Infonetics Research, 5G, Digital TV, Hardware, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV
Silicon Motion Announces Third Quarter Results for the Period Ended September 30, 2008
Oct 30, 2008 – Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) has announced its third quarter 2008 financial results. In the quarter, Silicon Motion achieved five T-DMB SoC design wins with LG, Samsung, and Pantech & Curitel for Korea mobile TV handsets.
News categories: Silicon Motion, Mobile, Results, Semiconductor
SRS Labs Showcases Premium Audio, Voice and Surround Sound Solutions for Mobile Media at CTIA Wireless in Las Vegas
Mar 31, 2008 – SRS Labs (Nasdaq: SRSL) has revealed details of their exhibit at CTIA in Las Vegas where they will offer demonstrations of their premium audio and voice solutions for the mobile media market.
News categories: SRS Labs, Mobile
Qualcomm Showcases International Mobile Broadcast Platform at Mobile World Congress 2008
Feb 11, 2008 – Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced its venue-wide demonstration of MediaFLO™ technology at Mobile World Congress 2008.
News categories: MediaFLO, Qualcomm, MWC19, Smart TV
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS