Digital TV News: Placed
Arabsat 6A successfully launched
Apr 12, 2019 – Arabsat 6A has been successfully launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida on a Falcon-Heavy rocket. The satellite, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, is to be placed in the exclusive orbit of Arabsat at 30.5 degrees East.
News categories: Arabsat, Khaled bin Ahmed Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Imagine Communications integral to Nine Entertainment's ad buying platform
Apr 7, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced its evolving role in Nine Entertainment's 9Galaxy automated TV trading platform. Nine is using Imagine’s xG GamePlan cloud-native booking optimizer to take an audience-based approach to ad inventory management.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Nine Entertainment, Rob Malcolm, Mat Yelavich, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow
Potential 17 million+ market for Apple TV+ in Australia
Apr 5, 2019 – Apple’s new streaming TV service, Apple TV+, is debuting later this year in Australia. The potential market is huge, according to Roy Morgan Research. Over 17 million currently access streaming video services or own Apple-branded devices capable of accessing streaming video services.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Apple, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Oxagile and Vimond offer end-to-end OTT solutions
Apr 4, 2019 – Vimond and Oxagile have announced a partnership aimed at serving Media, Broadcast and dedicated OTT providers. Leveraging Vimond’s 'Next' architecture and Oxagile’s integration and professional services, the focus will be on building end-to-end OTT solutions.
News categories: Vimond, Oxagile, Borre Sandvik, Sergey Marchuk, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Transition expected in TV panel demand towards 50" and above in 2019
Mar 28, 2019 – According to a WitsView report on the market for large-sized panels, production capacity expansions in 2018 brought capacity by area to 202.4 million square metres, representing a growth of 7.9% YoY, the largest since 2013.
News categories: WitsView, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
ZTE, Wind Tre and Open Fiber make 5G video call across the Mediterranean Sea
Feb 25, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it has completed a video call on a 5G smartphone in collaboration with Wind Tre and Open Fiber. Based on a 5G pilot network in L'Aquila, the video call was placed using ZTE's end-to-end 5G solution.
News categories: ZTE, Wind Tre, Open Fiber, 5G, Italy, MWC19, Smartphone, Spain
Cisco releases Mobile Visual Networking Index (VNI) update
Feb 19, 2019 – At the inception of Cisco's Mobile Visual Networking Index more than a decade ago, mobile traffic represented less than 5% of total IP traffic crossing global networks. Today, the role and reliance placed on mobile networking has dramatically increased.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Jonathan Davidson, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC19, Worldwide
Videa platform integrates Comscore TV Data
Jan 23, 2019 – Videa has announced that it will use Comscore TV data within its automation platform. The addition of Comscore TV data grants media buyers and sellers access to Comscore campaign measurement insights within the Videa platform.
News categories: Videa, Comscore, Mary Barnas, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CBS will use multiple 8K cameras at the Super Bowl
Jan 9, 2019 – At the Super Bowl, CBS Sports will give viewers unparalleled coverage with its use of virtual augmented reality graphics and 115 cameras, including multiple 8K cameras alongside 16 cameras with 4K capabilities.
News categories: CBS Sports, Digital TV, USA
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019