Digital TV News: Platco Digital
NAGRA cardless content protection selected by Platco in South Africa
Nov 14, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its cardless content protection solution was selected by Platco Digital, South Africa’s fastest growing direct-to-home service provider, to secure the newest deployments of its OpenView HD platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Platco Digital, Thierry Legrand, Christopher Schouten, Patrick Conroy, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa, Video Exchange
South Africa's OpenView HD now available on same satellite as DStv
Oct 6, 2014 – OpenView HD, South Africa’s first free-to-view DTH satellite television platform, will soon also be available on the same satellite dish used to receive DStv, Vivid and Freevision services.
News categories: Platco Digital, OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
OpenView HD FTA DTH service launches in South Africa
Oct 16, 2013 – OpenView HD, Platco Digital’s free-to-air satellite TV platform, is operational and South African viewers can take advantage of an offering that requires nothing more than a one-off payment with no monthly subscription fee.
News categories: OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
1.2 million paying HD+ households in Germany at end-June 2013
Jul 26, 2013 – SES S.A. (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has reported results for the six months ended 30 June 2013. In Germany, the HD+ platform continued to develop well, with 2.7 million active households at the end of June 2013, of which 1.2 million are paying households.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Platco Digital to broadcast to South Africa on SES-5 satellite
Jul 24, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) has announced a 15-year contract with Platco Digital, a sister company of the South African independent broadcaster e.tv, to broadcast a new free-to-air service in South Africa, with future plans to expand across Southern Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system