Digital TV News: Platco Digital
NAGRA cardless content protection selected by Platco in South Africa
Nov 14, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its cardless content protection solution was selected by Platco Digital, South Africa’s fastest growing direct-to-home service provider, to secure the newest deployments of its OpenView HD platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Platco Digital, Thierry Legrand, Christopher Schouten, Patrick Conroy, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa, Video Exchange
South Africa's OpenView HD now available on same satellite as DStv
Oct 6, 2014 – OpenView HD, South Africa’s first free-to-view DTH satellite television platform, will soon also be available on the same satellite dish used to receive DStv, Vivid and Freevision services.
News categories: Platco Digital, OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
OpenView HD FTA DTH service launches in South Africa
Oct 16, 2013 – OpenView HD, Platco Digital’s free-to-air satellite TV platform, is operational and South African viewers can take advantage of an offering that requires nothing more than a one-off payment with no monthly subscription fee.
News categories: OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
1.2 million paying HD+ households in Germany at end-June 2013
Jul 26, 2013 – SES S.A. (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has reported results for the six months ended 30 June 2013. In Germany, the HD+ platform continued to develop well, with 2.7 million active households at the end of June 2013, of which 1.2 million are paying households.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Platco Digital to broadcast to South Africa on SES-5 satellite
Jul 24, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) has announced a 15-year contract with Platco Digital, a sister company of the South African independent broadcaster e.tv, to broadcast a new free-to-air service in South Africa, with future plans to expand across Southern Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos