Digital TV News: Point Topic
China outstrips France to take top ranking in IPTV
Mar 21, 2012 – IPTV's best quarter ever saw net additions of 3.68 million to finish the year with more than 58.2 million subscribers worldwide. Europe is still the top region but China has outstripped France for the top country spot, according to the Broadband Forum.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Belgium, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Hybrid FTTx leads the growth in broadband access
Feb 15, 2012 – As IPTV approaches 55 million subscribers globally, it is Europe that still holds the strongest position for IPTV. The latest deployment information shows that operators are increasingly turning to fiber to meet the needs of the well-connected home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Global IPTV subscribers up 6% in 3Q 2011 to 54.4 million
Jan 12, 2012 – Latest broadband and IPTV figures published by the Broadband Forum show that IPTV subscribers grew by 6.06% in the third quarter of 2011 and now total 54.4 million globally. Asia is the fastest growing region for IPTV.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
IPTV will reach 60 million subscriptions in the EU by 2020
Sep 28, 2011 – As broadband subscriptions continue to grow in the EU27, Point Topic has announced analysis on how many subscribers there will be and how many will take an IPTV service as well. According to the analyst firm, IPTV is set to treble by 2020.
News categories: Point Topic, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
IPTV Now Serves More Than 50 Million Customers Worldwide
Sep 27, 2011 – The Broadband and IPTV Growth Report presented at the Broadband World Forum in Paris, shows that 51M customers now subscribe to IPTV services worldwide, with France in the lead as top IPTV country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, BBWF, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Spain, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Fastest Global Broadband Growth Since 2009
Jun 21, 2011 – With an increase of over 15.2 million subscribers in the first three months of this year, fixed broadband grew by 2.9% representing an annual growth rate of 11.93%, according to figures announced by the Broadband Forum.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Spain, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
onwave launches satellite triple-play to bring digital services to every UK household
Jun 1, 2011 – onwave has announced the launch of its satellite based triple play packages in the UK. The company is launching uniformly high quality packages of digital TV, home phone and up to 10Mb broadband for every UK household, regardless of location.
News categories: Eutelsat, onwave, Broadband, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, UK
Global IPTV subscription had a record 34.6% growth in 2010
Mar 23, 2011 – Global IPTV subscription had a record 34.6% growth in 2010 according to figures prepared by Point Topic and announced by the Broadband Forum. 2010 was also a landmark year for broadband subscriptions.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, USA, Video Exchange
IPTV Passes 40 Million Subscriber Milestone
Jan 6, 2011 – According to figures from Point Topic announced by the Broadband Forum, the total number of IPTV subscribers worldwide now stands at 41.9 million, representing a growth of 7.3% in the three months to end September and 36.7% growth in the last 12 months.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues