Digital TV News: PopBox
Syabas Announces a New Product to the Mix, PopBox V8
Sep 2, 2011 – Syabas has announced the latest addition to the PopBox product line. The PopBox V8, the first player to utilize Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8670 chipset, offers up an easy to use media player in a small, sleek package.
News categories: Syabas, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Syabas Is First to Implement Matroska 3D Video
Mar 16, 2011 – Syabas Technology has announced that it is the first to support Matroska 3D in its latest firmware update for both the Popcorn Hour and PopBox products. A free firmware update is now available for the Popcorn Hour C-200.
News categories: Syabas, Matroska, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, VR
Syabas and Miniweb Deliver Connected TV Functionality to Popbox Devices
Jan 9, 2011 – Syabas has announced the integration of Miniweb's connected TV platform into Syabas's new generation of Popbox and Popcorn Hour set top boxes (STB). The integration adds internet video search and personalization features to the STBs.
News categories: Syabas, Miniweb, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
PopBox™ Leverages RealD Technology to Bring 3D Cinema Experience to HDTVs
May 21, 2010 – PopBox™ has announced that in tandem with RealD it will equip all PopBox devices with the ability to display high-definition 3D content. PopBox is the first over-the-top set-top box to support the stereoscopic RealD Format.
News categories: RealD, PopBox, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, VR
Syabas Announces Popbox for Big Screen Everything
Jan 5, 2010 – Syabas has announced Popbox, a small, $129 open platform set-top box that streams music, movies, photos, games, social media updates and more to today's HDTVs. Popbox supports just about every audio and video file type.
News categories: Syabas, Popbox, CES2021, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic