Digital TV News: Portugal Telecom
Altice strengthens partnership with ARRIS for video in the US and Europe
Sep 15, 2017 – Altice has expanded its partnership with ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deploy 4K HDR set-tops across its global footprint, in the US and Europe, starting in 2018. Altice-owned Portugal Telecom has selected ARRIS set-tops to deliver its MEO 4K TV service across Portugal.
News categories: ARRIS International, Altice, Larry Robinson, Bruno Zebib, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Portugal Telecom selects ARRIS STBs for MEO 4K service
Sep 9, 2016 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Portugal Telecom has selected the ARRIS VIP5662EW Ultra-HD set-top for its recently launched MEO 4K service in Portugal. The VIP5662EW, known as the MEOBox4k for MEO customers, is an HEVC IP set-top.
News categories: ARRIS International, Portugal Telecom, Steve McCaffery, Luis Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
HISPASAT and MEO to broadcast Champions League Final and UEFA Euro in 4K
May 18, 2016 – HISPASAT and Portugal Telecom’s MEO have reached an agreement to broadcast in 4K format the Champions League Final on the Sport TV channel as well as eight of the most important matches of the UEFA Euro 2016 on the RTP 4K channel.
News categories: HISPASAT, Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite
Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
Dec 11, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for the quarter ended November 2, 2013. Net revenues were $54.4 million, down $9.5 million, or 14.9%, from $63.9 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Technicolor unveils Qeo, a software bridging ecosystems to interconnect devices and applications of all brands
Jan 7, 2013 – Technicolor (PARIS: TCH) has announced the release of Qeo, a software framework that allows for seamless interoperability between devices and applications of all brands and ecosystems.
News categories: Technicolor, Qeo, CES2021, Middleware, Smart Home
Technicolor To Demonstrate Connected Home Applications at BBWF
Oct 11, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that at Broadband World Forum 2012 it will unveil, together with its long-standing customer Portugal Telecom (Lisbon:PTC; NYSE:PT), a number of innovative apps for the home.
News categories: Technicolor, Portugal Telecom, Apps, BBWF, Gateway, IPTV, Smart Home
Alcatel-Lucent and AuthenTec Enable Portugal Telecom to Securely Deliver Mobile Video
Jul 23, 2012 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris;NYSE:ALU) and AuthenTec (NASDAQ:AUTH) are supporting Portugal Telecom (Lisbon:PTC; NYSE:PT) in the launch of Meo Go!, a service that allows subscribers to use their smartphones and tablets to access content that was previously confined to their TVs and PCs.
News categories: AuthenTec, Alcatel-Lucent, Portugal Telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Mobile, Portugal, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
InfoCom says IPTV revealed as customer-retention tool
Mar 21, 2011 – In Europe and N. America, multi-play service bundling has become a standard offering to consumers. So far it has acted more as a loss-mitigation and customer-retention tool rather than as an instrument to increase customer take-up and gain money, says InfoCom.
News categories: InfoCom GmbH, IPTV, Market Research
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030