Digital TV News: PrimeTel
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
SmartLabs offers free trial of its video content delivery solution
Dec 5, 2017 – SmartLabs has expanded its free trial for operators to include SmartMEDIA. A year ago the company launched a trial of the latest version of SmartTUBE5, its interactive TV platform. More than a hundred companies took part in the trial program.
News categories: SmartLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
PrimeTel gets platform upgrade and Android STBs from SmartLabs
Sep 14, 2017 – SmartLabs has announced a contract with PrimeTel for the upgrade of their existing interactive TV solution to SmartLabs’ SmartTUBE5 Multiscreen Solution and the delivery of SmartLabs latest UHD Android STB.
News categories: SmartLabs, PrimeTel, Mikhail Grachev, Marina Papanicolaou, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
PrimeTel announces IPTV error correction module for its Twister Triple-Play Platform
Sep 11, 2009 – PrimeTel's R&D division has announced the availability of an IPTV Error Correction module for its Twister triple-play platform. The module is capable of dynamically and transparently correcting missing and erroneous multicast IPTV packets.
News categories: PrimeTel, Content Distribution, Cyprus, IBC2020, IPTV, Middleware
PrimeTel Selects SecureMedia for Digital Content Protection in Cyprus
Sep 9, 2009 – SecureMedia has announced that PrimeTel is now using SecureMedia's Encryptonite ONE™ System to protect premium video content for its PrimeTV service. Under the PrimeHome brand, PrimeTel offers internet, IPTV and telephony in Cyprus.
News categories: SecureMedia, PrimeTel, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV
PrimeTel to unveil Arabic user interface at IPTV World Forum MEA 2008, Dubai
Oct 23, 2008 – Following a successful presence at IBC 2008, PrimeTel will showcase Thunderworx's Twister triple-play platform at IPTV World Forum Middle East & Africa 2008, in Dubai.
News categories: PrimeTel, IPTV, Middleware, Video Exchange
Cyprus - PrimeTel pleased with triple-play take-up
Jul 17, 2007 – Cypriot broadband provider PrimeTel has announced that it has signed up 8,000 residential users of its triple-play services, which include its PrimeTV IPTV service, offering over 100 TV channels, interactive games and video-on-demand library.
News categories: PrimeTel, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019