Digital TV News: Project OAR
Project OAR rolls out technologies and showcases Dynamic Ad Insertion at CES
Jan 6, 2020 – Project OAR has announced a series of updates, putting it on track to complete the first stages of its mission, with consensus reached on specifications, software updates heading for VIZIO Smart TVs and the start of major ad engine integrations.
News categories: Project OAR, Laura Nelson, Dan Aversano, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, CES2020, Digital TV, USA
Verance adds video watermarking to its Aspect platform
Jan 2, 2020 – Verance has announced the availability of video watermark technology as part of its Aspect platform, bringing enhanced capabilities to the Aspect audio watermark that has already been deployed by major broadcasters in the United States.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Advertising, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
Nov 12, 2019 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has partnered with Inscape to enhance TV measurement across its TV footprint in the U.S. Discovery will be able to use screen-verified, opt-in viewing data from Smart TVs for measurement and campaign optimization.
News categories: Inscape, Discovery, Jodie McAfee, David Leavy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Partnerships and interoperability driving growth of audience targeted campaigns
Sep 23, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced the release of its Q2 Video Marketplace Report (VMR). This quarterly publication analyzes the changing dynamics of how advertisers, publishers and distributors are utilizing ad supported premium video.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Dworin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
Verance plans Project OAR support for its watermarking platform
Aug 7, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to add support for Project OAR to its Aspect platform. While the technical specifications of OAR have not been revealed, watermarking is expected to factor into the accurate delivery and decisioning of addressable TV advertising.
News categories: Verance, Project OAR, Nil Shah, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking
Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
Jun 13, 2019 – Fox Corporation has joined the Project OAR addressable TV advertising consortium. In addition, Project OAR has formed an Agency Advisory Committee with participation from Publicis Media, Omnicom Media Group, GroupM, IPG/Magna, Dentsu Aegis Network, Havas and Horizon Media.
News categories: Project OAR, Fox Corp, Dan Callahan, Jonathan Steuer, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019