Digital TV News: Providence Equity Partners
All Media Baltics takes capacity on ASTRA 4A
Dec 19, 2017 – All Media Baltics’ Pay TV subscribers will be able to enjoy the broadcaster’s channel package in HD quality, including its original premium TV channels, at 5°E, following a multi-year capacity agreement announced by SES.
News categories: SES S.A, All Media Baltics, Håkan Sjödin, Arvils Kupris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Satellite
MTG sells Baltic broadcasting businesses
Mar 17, 2017 – MTG has signed an agreement to sell its free-TV, pay-TV, digital and radio businesses in the Baltic region to Providence Equity Partners, an asset management firm that is the owner of Bite, the Lithuanian and Latvian mobile operator.
News categories: MTG, Providence Equity Partners, Jørgen Madsen Lindemann, Robert Sudo, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, MnA, Satellite
Hulu Debuts via Private Beta and on Distribution Partners AOL, Comcast, MSN, MySpace and Yahoo!
Oct 29, 2007 – Hulu has announced the beta launch of its online video service, offering viewers a vast selection of streaming, on-demand, premium programming on a free, ad-supported basis.
News categories: Hulu, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Private Equity comes to the rescue of Europe's cable industry
Jun 25, 2007 – The latest report from media analysts Screen Digest finds that the European cable industry is in rude health, thanks mainly to a massive injection of private equity investment over the past five years.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable Europe (ECCA), Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Private Equity
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic