Digital TV News: Pulse~LINK
HANA Employs New 1394 Over Coax International Standard for HD Home Networking
Aug 19, 2008 – The High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance (HANA) has announced its plans to release a HANA Entertainment Box reference design based on the new 1394 Over Coax international standard from the 1394 Trade Association.
News categories: High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance, 1394 Trade Association, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
1394 Trade Association Introduces First Global Standard for Networking Entertainment Devices Over Coaxial Cable
Aug 4, 2008 – The 1394 Trade Association has announced the adoption of the first global standard for networking digital content over coaxial cables using Ultra Wideband (UWB) communications.
News categories: 1394 Trade Association, Pulse~LINK, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Pulse-LINK Showcases Whole-Home HD Video Distribution with Ethernet-Over-Coax at The Cable Show
May 15, 2008 – At The Cable Show 2008, Pulse~LINK will demonstrate the advantages of its CWave® UWB Ethernet-Over-Coax solution for whole-home HD video distribution which provides a cost effective method to deploy whole-home DVR functionality.
News categories: Pulse~LINK, DVR, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Industry Creates HomeGrid Forum to Develop Technology for Enjoying Multimedia Anywhere in the Home
Apr 29, 2008 – Infineon Technologies, Intel Corporation, Panasonic and Texas Instruments have announced the creation of HomeGrid Forum, which aims to promote and influence a single, next-generation worldwide standard for networking digital content.
News categories: HomeGrid Forum, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Gefen and Pulse~LINK Introduce the World's First Consumer HDMI Over Coax Product for High Definition Video Connectivity Throughout the Home
Jan 4, 2008 – Gefen and Pulse~LINK have introduced the world's first consumer electronics product that incorporates Pulse~LINK's CWave® UWB HDMI-Over-Coax technology.
News categories: Pulse~LINK, Gefen, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart Home
HANA Demonstrates Integrated Home HD Networking at CES 2008
Jan 3, 2008 – The High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance (HANA) has announced that it will host a four-room "HANA Home" demonstration of its HD home networking solution at the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show, January 7-10 in Las Vegas.
News categories: High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance, CES2020, Smart Home
Westinghouse Digital and Pulse~LINK Unveil the World's First Fully Integrated Wireless HDTV at CES 2008
Jan 3, 2008 – Westinghouse Digital and Pulse~LINK have introduced the world's first fully integrated wireless HDTV. The HD LCD TV, featuring Pulse~LINK's integrated CWave® UWB Wireless HDMI technology, will be on display for the first time at the 2008 International CES.
News categories: Pulse~LINK, Westinghouse Digital, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Standards Battle Brewing In Wireless Interconnectivity
Aug 15, 2007 – With the promise of entirely wireless interconnections for PCs, standards and technology battles are looming, reports In-Stat. Most digital interconnects are first adopted in PCs and then by consumer electronics (CE), the high-tech market research firm says. "Like USB vs. 1394, the outcome of the battle between ultra wide band (UWB) solutions will be determined by the PC platform" says Qasim Inam, In-Stat analyst.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA