Digital TV News: RCN
RCN, Grande, Wave launch Amazon Prime Video app on TiVo STBs
Dec 20, 2019 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the Amazon Prime Video app through the company’s TiVo set-top boxes. Pay-TV subscribers with an Amazon Prime membership can stream content via the Prime Video app on their TiVo devices.
News categories: TiVo, RCN, Grande Communications, Wave Broadband, Prime Video, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
RCN chooses TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Apr 24, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that RCN has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform. RCN will be the first operator to deploy the Next-Gen Platform and will roll out the video solution to its high-speed internet, digital TV and home phone customers.
News categories: TiVo Corp, RCN, Jeffrey Glahn, Patrick Murphy, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA, UX
RCN rolls out TiVo experience with voice remote control
Jul 31, 2018 – RCN has announced the availability of its new TiVo interface. Customers can now enjoy enhanced capabilities including a voice command remote control, viewing recommendations and fast content navigation, among other innovative features.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
Feb 12, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to Mediacom Communications customers. Evolution Digital's eBOX will include Evolution Digital-enabled IP Pay-Per-View (PPV) services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Mediacom Communications, Marc Cohen, JR Walden, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
RCN rolls-out 4K-enabled STBs in the Lehigh Valley
Feb 12, 2018 – RCN has announced that 4K and Bluetooth enabled set-top boxes are now available for the first time to Lehigh Valley, PA residents in each of its serviceable areas. Also included in the rollout is an updated TiVo interface.
News categories: RCN, Sanford Ames, Jr, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
RCN, Grande and Wave Broadband join forces
May 22, 2017 – RCN Telecom Services has announced the combining of RCN, Grande Communications and Wave Broadband to create the sixth largest cable operator. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2017.
News categories: RCN, Wave Broadband, TPG Capital, Jim Holanda, Steve Simmons, Steve Weed, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo grows subscriber base to 7 million
Apr 20, 2016 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has reached 7 million subscriptions for TiVo-enabled platforms deployed by operators in both North America and Europe, including Virgin Media, Vodafone Spain, RCN, Cogeco and Suddenlink.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Naveen Chopra, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box
HBO GO launches on Xbox One in U.S.
Nov 20, 2014 – Microsoft has announced that HBO GO is now available on Xbox One in the U.S. Authenticated users can get every episode from every season of their favorite HBO shows directly on their Xbox One.
News categories: HBO, Xbox, Jeff Dallesandro, Apps, Games Console, OTT, USA
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019