Digital TV News: RTÉNL
RTÉ Ireland Chooses Eutelsat's KA-SAT for its 'SAORSAT' Free to Air Digital Service
Mar 13, 2012 – Ireland's national broadcaster, RTÉ, has chosen Eutelsat's (Paris: ETL) KA-SAT to ensure that all homes in the Irish Republic will be able to benefit from free digital reception of the RTÉ public service television and radio channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, RTÉNL, SAORSAT, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite
Ireland announces Digital Television switch-on
Oct 29, 2010 – The government of Ireland has announced that the RTE Digital Terrestrial Television service is now available to 90% of the Irish population. The Digital Television service has launched from 24 sites around the country on a trial basis.
News categories: RTÉ, SAORVIEW, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Broadcasting Authority of Ireland Statement on Commercial DTT Multiplex Licensing Process
Aug 5, 2010 – The Authority considers that it will not be feasible to introduce commercial DTT until after Analogue Switch Off at the earliest. A competition could potentially be held during 2012 with a view to commercial DTT being operational in 2013.
News categories: Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, RTÉNL, Content Distribution, Ireland, Terrestrial
RTÉ Irish free to air DTT service set to launch to 90% of population by October 31st 2010
Jun 3, 2010 – Ireland's Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources has signed an Order requiring RTÉ to ensure that their free to air digital TV service is operational and available to 90% of the population by 31st October 2010.
News categories: RTÉ, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
MPEG-4 chosen for Irish Digital Terrestrial TV
Jul 31, 2008 – Communications Minister Eamon Ryan has announced that Ireland's first DTT trial will end on August 1st, 2008. The Minister announced the results of the trial, the technology chosen for digital TV in Ireland and a timeline for national rollout.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi