Digital TV News: RTL Group
M6 Group chooses Streamroot CDN for its 6play OTT platform
Mar 25, 2019 – Streamroot has announced that it has been selected by French media group M6 to power VoD and live video delivery for its online video platform, 6Play. M6 has chosen Streamroot as its peer-accelerated CDN provider.
News categories: Streamroot, M6 Group, Pierre-Louis Theron, Yann Verry, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT
RTL to acquire Yospace
Jan 8, 2019 – RTL Group has announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire control of the UK-based video technology company Yospace. Yospace develops technologies for Server-Side Dynamic Ad Insertion (SSDAI).
News categories: RTL Group, Yospace, Bert Habets, Tim Sewell, David Springall, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, UK, Worldwide
SpotX fully acquired by RTL Group
Aug 30, 2017 – SpotX has announced that RTL Group will acquire all remaining shares in SpotX. The investment demonstrates RTL Group’s continued commitment to its ambitious ad tech strategy and recognition of SpotX’s impressive growth and execution of its strategic objectives.
News categories: SpotX, RTL Group, Mike Shehan, Steve Swoboda, Bert Habets, Guillaume de Posch, Advertising, MnA, USA, Worldwide
Media ownership: towards pan-European groups?
Jul 4, 2016 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pan-European media groups. The report outlines some of the key players, their geographical footprint, their position in a range of markets, and their most recent strategies regarding expansion, acquisition and vertical integration.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Europe, Market Research
3SS updates UI for Kabel Deutschland Select Video VOD service
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Kabel Deutschland, Kai-Christian Borchers, Hagen Bossert, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SyncTV Accelerates Momentum in OTT Video Market with Tenth Customer Launch this Year
Sep 7, 2011 – SyncTV has announced that it has reached a significant achievement of 10 live customer deployments for this year alone, with several more major deployments such as M6 in France (Part of RTL Group) scheduled to go live by year-end.
News categories: SyncTV, Content Distribution, IBC2019, OTT
German and Bulgarian DTT platforms to deploy security from Conax
Sep 9, 2009 – Hannu Pro Bulgaria intends to use a Conax solution for deployment of 3 MUX SFN networks, which will cover 96% of Bulgarian territory by 2015. Conax will also provide operational content security for services marketed by Eutelsat visAvision.
News categories: Conax, Hannu Pro, Eutelsat, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Terrestrial
Germany had 28 million Online Video Viewers Watch More Than 3 billion Videos in December 2008
Feb 16, 2009 – comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has released data from the comScore Video Metrix service, indicating that 28.5 million German Internet users viewed a video online in December 2008, up 10 percent versus the previous year.
News categories: comScore, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box