Digital TV News: RTS
Radio Television of Serbia broadcasts all channels via SES Video
Feb 5, 2018 – SES has announced that Radio Television of Serbia (RTS) is now transmitting its entire bouquet of nine TV channels and four radio stations via Astra 5°E, following an extension deal between SES and Telekom Srbija.
News categories: SES S.A, Telekom Srbija, RTS, Martin Ornass-Kubacki, Milica Jovičić, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Serbia
Minerva certifies ADB’s IPTV wireless and 4K/UHD STB
May 19, 2016 – ADB has announced that Minerva Networks has certified it’s iTVFusion client on ADB's new 1761 series of STBs. The solution combines ADB’s expertise in personal TV and broadband connectivity with Minerva’s IPTV platform.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Minerva Networks, Peter Balchin, Eric Freund, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Albania to roll-out DVB-T2 network with Rohde & Schwarz
Dec 8, 2015 – Albania’s public broadcaster RTSH (Albanian Radio and Television) is converting its nationwide broadcast network to DVB-T2. Rohde & Schwarz is delivering a turnkey solution. 96.5 percent of the population in Albania will then receive digital DVB-T2 signals.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, RTSH, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Swisscom TV 2.0 brings HbbTV to SRG SSR channels
Apr 14, 2015 – Swisscom has announced that it has activated the multimedia successor to teletext. HbbTV will be available with HD programmes shown on SRG, allowing viewers to access interactive content through their internet connection.
News categories: Swisscom, Marc Werner, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Switzerland
Radio Télévision Suisse launches HbbTV service RTS+
Mar 7, 2013 – Radio Télévision Suisse, has announced the launch of its HbbTV service RTS+. Viewers with a compatible television will find additional teletext-like content. Those whose television is also connected to the internet have access to additional video-on demand programming.
News categories: Radio Télévision Suisse, Digital TV, HbbTV, OTT, Switzerland
SPB TV to show updated multiscreen TV solution at MWC 2013
Feb 25, 2013 – SPB TV has announced that it will showcase at the MWC 2013 new user-friendly TV apps dedicated for iOS, Android, Symbian and Windows 8, as well an OTT web-based interface available on all devices. Other updates include the SPB TV second-screen application.
News categories: SPB TV, Apps, Middleware, MWC20, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
GlobeCast to Launch Australasia's First MPEG-4 Service on Optus D2
Oct 24, 2012 – GlobeCast Australia has announced an upgrade that will allow the company to deliver its customers the first MPEG-4 services on the Optus D2 DTH satellite platform. GlobeCast will commence its new MPEG-4 service with its channel partner RTS SAT.
News categories: GlobeCast, RTS SAT, Australia, New Zealand, Satellite
Rostelecom Reaches 1 Million Interactive TV Residential Subscribers across Russia
Jul 9, 2012 – Rostelecom (MICEX - RTS: RTKM, RTKMP; OTCQX: ROSYY), Russia's national telecommunications operator, has announced that its Interactive TV subscriber base has increased by over 40% since the beginning of the year to reach 1 million households.
News categories: Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
Motorola Mobility and Rostelecom Team up to Deliver Advanced TV Services in Russia
Mar 21, 2012 – Rostelecom (MICEX,RTS:RTKM) has selected to work with Motorola Mobility (NYSE:MMI) to expand its digital TV services across the country, which will include the introduction of new video on demand and interactive TV experiences.
News categories: Motorola, Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region