Digital TV News: RTVE
Spain publishes HbbTV receiver specifications
Sep 19, 2012 – One year after its audiovisual industry reached consensus on the use of HbbTV for interactive television, Spain's Ministerio de Industria, Energía y Turismo has published agreed technical specifications on its digital television website.
News categories: Conditional Access, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Terrestrial
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV
Oct 5, 2011 – Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) has announced plans to roll out the next generation of TV entertainment on Xbox LIVE. Nearly 40 TV and entertainment providers will begin rolling out entertainment services to consoles, in more than 20 countries.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Spain, UK, USA
BRAVIA™ Internet Video to arrive in Europe
Sep 2, 2009 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced its European launch plan of new BRAVIA™ TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and Blu-ray home cinema systems with a new feature, BRAVIA™ Internet Video.
News categories: Sony Europe, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2020, OTT, Smart TV
PlayStation 3 upgrade adds optimised BBC iPlayer
Aug 18, 2009 – Sony (SCEE) has announced that a PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system enhancement will give access to TV websites including the UK's BBC iPlayer on September 1st, followed shortly by Spanish, German, Dutch and Australian sites.
News categories: PlayStation, Australia, Games Console, Germany, Netherlands, OTT, Spain, UK
Pay-TV pilot on DTT in Spain
Oct 23, 2007 – Six companies have joined forces to launch a pay-TV trial on Digital Terrestrial TV (DTT) in the village of Alcázar de San Juan, with plans to introduce pre-paid pay-per-view content, mainly football events and films, throughout the country from next year.
News categories: Mediapro, Siemens, SIDSA, SDIdigital, Telecom Castilla La Mancha, Broadcasting, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers