Digital TV News: RVU Alliance
RVU Alliance Demonstrates First RVU Certified Products
Sep 7, 2011 – The RVU Alliance has announced that Alliance members Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM), DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV), Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR), JetHead Development and Pace (LSE: PIC) will demonstrate their latest RVU based solutions at IBC.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Pace Completes Certification of Industry's First RVU Compliant Client
Aug 25, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its C30 RVU Client solution has been certified by the RVU Alliance. The Pace C30 set-top box is the first device to go through the RVU Alliance certification program.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Pace plc, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
RVU Alliance Certification Program Goes Live
Jun 20, 2011 – The RVU Alliance has announced that its certification program for RVU client devices is now open. The University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL) will be the first independent vendor to handle the certification program.
News categories: RVU Alliance, UNH-IOL, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
DIRECTV Launches Field Trial of Home Media Center with Industry's First RVU-Enabled DIRECTV Server
May 18, 2011 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has recently started field trial testing for its highly anticipated DIRECTV® Home Media Center that will ultimately provide customers with a 'receiver-less' solution for many TVs in their homes.
News categories: RVU Alliance, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Samsung and DIRECTV Partner to Deliver World's First RVU-Compatible Production Television
Jan 7, 2011 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) and Samsung (KRX:005930,005935; LSE:SMSN,SMSD) have announced that they have partnered to present the world's first RVU-compatible production televisions.
News categories: Samsung, DIRECTV, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
RVU Alliance to Showcase RUI Technology at CES
Jan 5, 2011 – The RVU Alliance has announced that its members will conduct demonstrations of the RVU Remote User Interface technology at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas from Jan. 6-9.
News categories: RVU Alliance, CES2021, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Broadcom Delivers Nine New 40nm Set-Top Box Solutions for the Full Resolution 3DTV Internet Connected Home
Jan 4, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced nine new cable, satellite and IP set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions that enable multiple ways for consumers to experience the next generation Internet connected home featuring full resolution 3DTV.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, ICs, IPTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, VR
Entropic Communications Empowers the Home Network With New Silicon Solutions, Showcased at CES
Dec 16, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) will be showcasing its portfolio of products to empower consumers' whole-home entertainment experiences at CES, January 6-9, 2011.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Broadband, CES2021, DVR, LNB, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Marvell Supports RVU for 'Whole-Home' TV Entertainment
Sep 9, 2010 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced the integration of the RVU protocol onto their ARMADA™ SoCs. The first adoption by Marvell of the open standard RVU protocol begins with the ARMADA 1000 High Definition (HD) Media Processor System-on-a-Chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, RVU Alliance, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0