Digital TV News: RealD
Rising Popularity of 3D Content Drives the Global 3D TV Market
Jul 17, 2012 – According to Global Industry Analysts (GIA) the market for 3D TVs is projected to exceed 200 million units by 2018, primarily driven by increased consumer interest, falling prices of 3D TVs, and the introduction of 3D standards.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, VR
Entropic Unveils Set-Top Box SoC for Cable and IP-Client Markets
May 14, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has introduced its TSC17x/18x set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoC), offering cable and IP markets a dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 processors with integrated NEON™ SIMD extensions.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
RealD and Samsung LCD Announce License Agreement for Full Resolution 3D Panels for PC and TV
May 16, 2011 – RealD (NYSE: RLD) and Samsung Electronics LCD Business have announced that they have completed a license agreement to make available panels featuring 3D display technology that delivers full resolution 3D images to each eye utilizing RealD glasses.
News categories: RealD, Samsung, Smart TV, VR
RealD Introduces Universal Active 3D Eyewear Technology
Jan 6, 2011 – RealD (NYSE: RLD) has announced technology to deliver universal active 3D eyewear compatible with 3D TVs sold by most major CE brands. RealD's ASIC incorporates a programmable front-end designed to sync image streams with multiple brands of 3D displays.
News categories: RealD, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, VR
Freescale Semiconductor and RealD to Create New At-Home 3D Viewing Experience for Consumers
Jan 6, 2011 – Freescale has announced that it is collaborating with RealD (NYSE: RLD) to create an active 3D eyewear platform that provides realistic HD 3D TV viewing while solving certain technical and cost problems associated with infrared based systems.
News categories: Freescale, RealD, CES2020, Semiconductor, Smart Home, VR
RealD and Samsung LCD Jointly Develop New LCD Based RDZ™ 3D Display Technology
Jan 4, 2011 – RealD (NYSE: RLD) and Samsung Electronics LCD Business have announced that the companies are jointly developing a new 3D display technology called RDZ™ that offers full resolution high definition 3D video.
News categories: RealD, Samsung Electronics, CES2020, Smart TV, VR
Sigma Designs Launches First Studio-Grade Set Top Box SoC
Jan 3, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has introduced its SMP8910 media processor. The SMP8910 is the first chip to integrate VXP studio quality video processing and the most flexible 3D video processing into a high-performance media processor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, VR
VIZIO Licenses RealD 3D Technologies
Nov 17, 2010 – RealD (NYSE: RLD) has announced that VIZIO has licensed RealD's 3D technologies for their upcoming line-up of 3D TVs. Current VIZIO XVT series Full HD 3D HDTVs in 42", 47" and 55" class sizes will support the stereoscopic RealD Format.
News categories: RealD, VIZIO, Smart TV, USA, VR
Zoran Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2010 Results
Jul 26, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) has reported results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2010. Revenues for the second quarter were $93.4 million, compared to $90.5 million last quarter and $102.7 million for the second quarter of 2009.
News categories: Zoran, DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature