Digital TV News: Research Measurement Technologies
Streamhub launches cross-broadcaster video data platform in Japan
Aug 5, 2019 – Streamhub has launched 'catch-an', a data management platform for online video in Japan. In partnership with Video Research, this is the first time that rival broadcasters have worked together to pool their online video inventory to create propositions to report, plan and target campaigns at scale.
News categories: Streamhub, Video Research Ltd, Akihiro Tsuchiya, Yoshihide Ikeda, Advertising, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
605 and Research Measurement Technologies measure contextual impact of TV
Apr 11, 2019 – 605 has announced a strategic relationship with Research Measurement Technologies (RMT). 605 will combine its analytics and measurement footprint with RMT’s context-based psychographic data to measure the contextual impact that ad placement has on brand and sales outcomes.
News categories: 605, Research Measurement Technologies, Ben Tatta, Gaurav Shirole, Bill McKenna, Bill Harvey, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
BARB issues invitation to tender for major research contracts
Apr 4, 2019 – BARB, the UK TV audience measurement currency, has issued an invitation to tender for two of its main research contracts. The invitation comes as BARB prepares for the challenge of keeping pace with continuing changes in how people watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA, Watermarking
PeerLogix and FourthWall Media unify linear and streaming TV audiences
Nov 7, 2018 – PeerLogix (OTC: LOGX) and FourthWall Media have announced the launch of a data asset combining both streaming and linear TV viewing at the household level. The new data pool can be used for analytics, audience insights and digital campaign targeting.
News categories: PeerLogix, FourthWall Media, Ray Colwell, Tim Peters, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
71% of US consumers have a TV cord and plan to keep it
Aug 27, 2018 – While cord cutting and shaving may be challenges for pay-TV providers, the vast majority of US consumers still say they are not ready to give up on these proven and deeply established sources of entertainment, according to GfK MRI research.
News categories: GfK MRI, Amy Hunt, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Charter, Comcast and Cox form group to sell advanced advertising
Apr 4, 2018 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox Communications, owners of NCC Media, have announced that they are creating a new division within NCC to design, deploy and sell unified advertising solutions across NCC's participants' national footprint.
News categories: NCC Media, Comcast, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Greg Schaefer, Andrew Ward, David Watson, Marcien Jenckes, Pat Esser, Billy Farina, Thomas M. Rutledge, David Kline, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Sky, Adobe, TVbeat and Alphonso form TV data consortium
Feb 7, 2018 – Sky, Adobe Systems, TVbeat and Alphonso have formed a thought leadership consortium that will work with the European TV industry to explore opportunities enabled by developments in measurement, metrics and data.
News categories: Sky Media, Adobe, TVBeat, Alphonso, Jamie West, Philip Duffield, Abbas Tahzib, TS Kelly, Jon Chase, Katty Roberfroid, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Video viewing in Australia continues to diversify
Oct 30, 2017 – The Q2 (April-June) 2017 Australian Video Viewing Report – from Regional TAM, OzTAM and Nielsen – reveals that people are continuing to take advantage of the nearly infinite choice in video content and the means of accessing it.
News categories: Nielsen, OzTAM, Regional TAM, Craig Johnson, Doug Peiffer, Tony Hogarth, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018