Digital TV News: Research Measurement Technologies
605 and Research Measurement Technologies measure contextual impact of TV
Apr 11, 2019 – 605 has announced a strategic relationship with Research Measurement Technologies (RMT). 605 will combine its analytics and measurement footprint with RMT’s context-based psychographic data to measure the contextual impact that ad placement has on brand and sales outcomes.
News categories: 605, Research Measurement Technologies, Ben Tatta, Gaurav Shirole, Bill McKenna, Bill Harvey, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
BARB issues invitation to tender for major research contracts
Apr 4, 2019 – BARB, the UK TV audience measurement currency, has issued an invitation to tender for two of its main research contracts. The invitation comes as BARB prepares for the challenge of keeping pace with continuing changes in how people watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA, Watermarking
PeerLogix and FourthWall Media unify linear and streaming TV audiences
Nov 7, 2018 – PeerLogix (OTC: LOGX) and FourthWall Media have announced the launch of a data asset combining both streaming and linear TV viewing at the household level. The new data pool can be used for analytics, audience insights and digital campaign targeting.
News categories: PeerLogix, FourthWall Media, Ray Colwell, Tim Peters, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
71% of US consumers have a TV cord and plan to keep it
Aug 27, 2018 – While cord cutting and shaving may be challenges for pay-TV providers, the vast majority of US consumers still say they are not ready to give up on these proven and deeply established sources of entertainment, according to GfK MRI research.
News categories: GfK MRI, Amy Hunt, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Charter, Comcast and Cox form group to sell advanced advertising
Apr 4, 2018 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox Communications, owners of NCC Media, have announced that they are creating a new division within NCC to design, deploy and sell unified advertising solutions across NCC's participants' national footprint.
News categories: NCC Media, Comcast, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Greg Schaefer, Andrew Ward, David Watson, Marcien Jenckes, Pat Esser, Billy Farina, Thomas M. Rutledge, David Kline, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Sky, Adobe, TVbeat and Alphonso form TV data consortium
Feb 7, 2018 – Sky, Adobe Systems, TVbeat and Alphonso have formed a thought leadership consortium that will work with the European TV industry to explore opportunities enabled by developments in measurement, metrics and data.
News categories: Sky Media, Adobe, TVBeat, Alphonso, Jamie West, Philip Duffield, Abbas Tahzib, TS Kelly, Jon Chase, Katty Roberfroid, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Video viewing in Australia continues to diversify
Oct 30, 2017 – The Q2 (April-June) 2017 Australian Video Viewing Report – from Regional TAM, OzTAM and Nielsen – reveals that people are continuing to take advantage of the nearly infinite choice in video content and the means of accessing it.
News categories: Nielsen, OzTAM, Regional TAM, Craig Johnson, Doug Peiffer, Tony Hogarth, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Quality of OTT video streaming experience directly tied to viewer loyalty
Jun 21, 2017 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) have released research demonstrating how quality of video resolution and playback affects viewers' engagement with and loyalty to over-the-top (OTT) video streaming services.
News categories: Akamai, Ian Munford, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?