Digital TV News: Rogers Communications
Rogers TV subscribers down 28,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 18, 2019 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the quarter ended March 31, 2019. Total revenue decreased 1% in the quarter, largely driven by decreases in Wireless equipment and Media revenue, partially offset by revenue growth in Wireless and in Cable.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
Rogers TV subscribers down 13,000 in 4Q 2016
Jan 26, 2017 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2016. Cable revenue increased marginally as internet revenue growth exceeded the decline in Television and Phone revenue.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, IPTV, Results, Smart Home, Subscribers
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Rogers adopts Comcast's X1 for next-gen IPTV
Dec 16, 2016 – Rogers Communications has announced that it will be deploying Comcast's X1 IP-based video platform to provide its customers with a next-generation of video experience.
News categories: Comcast, Rogers, Neil Smit, Alan Horn, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Rogers introduces NextBox 4K PVR
Dec 7, 2016 – Rogers Communications has announced that is introducing itsw NextBox 4K PVR, giving customers the ability to record up to eight 4K programs at one time and store up to 90 hours of 4K entertainment.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Sportsnet, Dirk Woessner, Scott Moore, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
shomi selects ThinkAnalytics personalized search and recommendations
Sep 1, 2016 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its recommendations engine has been selected by Canadian SVOD leader shomi. shomi believes the combination of an elegant user interface and personalized recommendations will distance it from rivals.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, shomi, Peter Docherty, Ann Tebo, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Rogers TV subscribers down 23,000 in 2Q 2016
Jul 21, 2016 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2016. Cable revenue was stable as continued double-digit Internet revenue growth of 15% fully offset the ongoing decline in Television and Phone revenue.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, IPTV, Results
Rogers to launch IPTV by year-end
Apr 18, 2016 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2016. The company also announced that it expects to launch an Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) product by the end of the year.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ