Digital TV News: Rohde & Schwarz
5G TODAY broadcasting field trial officially launched
May 9, 2019 – The 5G TODAY project has begun its 5G Broadcasting field trial. The project partners Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), IRT, Kathrein, Rohde & Schwarz and Telefónica Germany are jointly testing broadcasting options for future 5G technology.
News categories: IRT, Telefónica, Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Michael Hagemeyer, Gerald Huber, Peter Riedel, Anton Kathrein, Ulrich Wilhelm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
Apr 18, 2019 – The Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected Rohde & Schwarz transmitters to support their DVB-T2 network. The equipment is to be commissioned by mid-June 2019 in time for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations soccer tournament.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, National Media Authority, Rommer Balanon, Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Egypt
Rohde & Schwarz to present 5G Broadcast solution at NAB 2019
Apr 3, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Rohde & Schwarz will present a solution for the future transmission of media content with 5G Broadcast. By using a high-power high-tower network topology as an overlay for mobile networks, transmission will be significantly more efficient and cost-effective than before.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Worldwide
Sinclair deploys Rohde & Schwarz transmitters for FCC spectrum repack
Mar 28, 2019 – As part of the ongoing Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Repack, Sinclair Broadcast Group has chosen to deploy over 100 Rohde & Schwarz high-power TV transmitters for the broadcast operation of 90 TV stations nationwide.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Sinclair Broadcast, Erik Balladares, Harvey Arnold, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Rohde & Schwarz and Kathrein partner on LTE Broadcast trial in Germany
Dec 5, 2018 – As part of an LTE Broadcast research project, a Rohde & Schwarz transmitter has gone into operation at Bayerischer Rundfunk’s (BR) Wendelstein transmitter station. In addition, Kathrein has completed an antenna for test operation at BR’s transmitter site near Munich.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Rohde & Schwarz facilitates Australian DVB-T2 trials
Aug 9, 2018 – In cooperation with Free TV, ABC and SBS, Broadcast Australia recently conducted DVB-T2 trials in the Sydney area. Rohde & Schwarz supplied transmitters, retransmitters and test equipment for the testing phase.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Broadcast Australia, Peter Lambourne, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
ATSC 3.0 launches in Korea with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
Oct 12, 2017 – Broadcasters Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS), Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) have launched the world's first terrestrial ATSC 3.0 broadcast network in South Korea for free UHDTV broadcasts.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
ZDF relies on Rohde & Schwarz and the Fraunhofer HHI for DVB-T2 transition
Jul 5, 2017 – ZDF, the largest public broadcaster in Germany, has selected the R&S AVHE100 encoding and multiplexing solution from Rohde & Schwarz with HEVC technology from the Fraunhofer HHI for its headend implementation.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Fraunhofer HHI, ZDF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz acquires Motama
May 22, 2017 – GMIT, a subsidiary of Rohde & Schwarz, has acquired the technology of Motama. The acquisition will expand the Berlin-based company's product portfolio for interruption-free transmission of audio and video content in IP networks.
News categories: GMIT, Motama, Hannes Strobel, Dr. Marco Lohse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Worldwide
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient