Digital TV News: S&T
S&T and FourthWall Media to integrate EBIF tools
Sep 15, 2011 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has announced a partnership with FourthWall Media to integrate key features of each company's EBIF tools.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, FourthWall Media, Cable TV, Middleware
S&T demonstrates HbbTV receiver and carousel playout systems at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – As HbbTV gathers momentum with a growing number of deployments across Europe, S&T has enhanced its interactive TV product range for both broadcasters and receiver manufacturers with HbbTV-conformant technologies and products.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, HbbTV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
S&T provides MHEG interactive services for TV5 DVB-T2 trial in Thailand
Jun 8, 2011 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has provided Army TV5 in Bangkok with its TSBroadcaster2 carousel system to play out MHEG interactive applications as part of their DVB-T2 trial that has been on-air for some months.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Army TV5, VMedia-A, Digital TV, DVB-T2, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Thailand
S&T puts Aertel digital teletext on-air in Ireland
Jun 3, 2011 – Strategy & Technology has supplied Irish public broadcaster RTÉ with its MHEG Presenter system for the official launch of Aertel digital teletext on the Saorview free-to-air terrestrial platform.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, RTÉ, Ireland, MHEG-5, Terrestrial
ACCESS Demonstrates Its Market Leadership in HbbTV and DLNA at ANGA Cable 2011
Apr 26, 2011 – ACCESS CO. has announced its attendance at ANGA Cable 2011 (May 2-5, Cologne). The company will be showcasing its market-leading NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile HbbTV Edition and NetFront™ Living Connect 2.0 DLNA software.
News categories: ACCESS CO., ANGA COM, HbbTV, Middleware, Smart Home
BBC iPlayer Launches On Freeview HD Via MHEG-IC Connected TV Technology
Apr 7, 2011 – IMPALA has welcomed the launch of the BBC iPlayer on UK DTT service Freeview HD. The catch-up TV service debut has been made possible by the deployment of the connected TV variant of MHEG - the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC).
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview, BBC iPlayer, MHEG-5, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
MHEG Features As Part Of Asian DVB-T2 Transmission Trial
Feb 28, 2011 – IMPALA has announced that MHEG is forming a key part of the DVB-T2 technology workshop and transmission trial immediately prior to Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Digital Broadcasting Symposium in Malaysia.
News categories: IMPALA, Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union, DVB-T2, Malaysia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Terrestrial
IPWireless and Amdocs to Demonstrate Mobile Broadcast (IMB) Applications on Samsung Galaxy S and Tab
Feb 14, 2011 – IPWireless has announced that it has collaborated with Amdocs (NYSE:DOX) to demonstrate rich, consumer friendly multimedia applications for Mobile TV, video recording with catch-up with live TV and more based on the 3GPP IMB standard.
News categories: IPWireless, Amdocs, 5G, Content Distribution, Mobile, MWC19, Tablet
S&T delivers connected content for Freeview HD and Freesat
Feb 11, 2011 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) technology is helping to deliver on demand video content over broadband to Freeview HD and Freesat set-top boxes and IDTVs as part of the new MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC).
News categories: S&T, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019