Digital TV News: Síminn
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
Iceland's Siminn moves transcoding to the Cloud with Harmonic
Apr 3, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Icelandic telecommunications company, Siminn, is using Harmonic's File360 software-as-a-service (SaaS) for file transcoding. Siminn plans to replace its existing hardware-based transcoding farm with File360 SaaS.
News categories: Harmonic, Siminn, Ian Graham, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, NABShow
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, OTT, Set Top Box
Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
May 24, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications operator Síminn has launched a service supporting 4K video content with new set-top boxes capable of reception through Broadpeak’s nanoCDN.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Jacques Le Mancq, Eric Figueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Mobile
Iceland's Síminn announces OTT multiscreen service with Broadpeak CDN and streaming
Sep 24, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications provider Síminn has chosen Broadpeak solutions to power a new OTT multiscreen service offering. The new OTT multiscreen service is expected to launch later this year.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Saevar Freyr Thrainsson, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Iceland's Síminn selects AirTies IPTV Set-top Box
Mar 14, 2012 – AirTies Networks has announced that it will deliver its Air7120 IP Set-top box to Síminn of Iceland. AirTies and Síminn work in tandem to upgrade Síminn's IPTV service to next generation STBs, offering advanced graphics and HTML5 with the Air7120.
News categories: AirTies, Síminn, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Iceland's Síminn selects Alcatel-Lucent as GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier
Oct 11, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been selected by Síminn, Iceland's market leader in telecommunication, as its GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier. Alcatel-Lucent's solution will enable Síminn to deliver advanced broadband services such as high-definition television (HDTV), IPTV, video on demand (VoD) and high-speed Internet.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Síminn, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Iceland, IPTV
Intellon Announces 12 Service Providers Worldwide Now Deploying Intellon HomePlug® ICs for IPTV Applications
Jan 2, 2007 – Intellon has announced that 12 service providers in Europe and Asia are now using Intellon™'s HomePlug ICs for in-home IPTV distribution.
News categories: Intellon, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Korea, Poland, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Taiwan
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering