Digital TV News: SANYO
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2021, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Roku announces Sanyo as its newest Roku TV brand
Apr 4, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that the Sanyo brand is now part of the Roku TV licensing program. Funai Corporation expects to ship the first Sanyo Roku TVs in Canada this quarter.
News categories: Roku, Funai, Chas Smith, Peter Swinkels, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vizio Retakes Lead in U.S. LCD TV Market
Jul 12, 2012 – One year after falling to second place, Vizio, in the first quarter, reclaimed leadership in the U.S. liquid crystal display television (LCD TV) market as consumers flocked to buy its affordable sets, according to IHS Screen Digest.
News categories: Screen Digest, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Zoran Demos DTV, Set-Top Box and Silicon Tuner Platforms at Computex 2011
May 31, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating its latest internet connected and mobile product platforms for global consumer electronics manufacturers at Computex 2011 at the Grand Hyatt Taipei.
News categories: Zoran, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SANYO Latest TV Tuners Feature Fresco Microchip Hybrid Receivers
May 12, 2010 – Fresco Microchip has announced that SANYO Tuner Industries has selected its FM1150 analog demodulator and digital IF processor IC for its UDA series tuner family. SANYO's latest tuners are targeted at North American and European hybrid TVs.
News categories: Fresco Microchip, SANYO, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Mobile video phone sales surge; paid services and revenue do not
Aug 18, 2009 – Infonetics Research has released a new Mobile Video Equipment, Phones, Services, and Subscribers report. Infonetics expects 397 million mobile video phones to sell worldwide in 2013, creating a market worth tens of billions of dollars.
News categories: Infonetics Research, 5G, Digital TV, Hardware, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV
Freeview New Zealand passes quarter million mark
Jul 15, 2009 – Tightened consumer spending, an increase in TV viewing habits and improved affordability of Freeview|HD® receivers are all paying dividends for Freeview, with the latest figures confirming it is now available in more than a 250,000 Kiwi homes.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Vestel Selects Osmosys Java Based Middleware to Power Integrated Digital TV Devices
Sep 10, 2008 – Osmosys (SWX: ADBN) has announced that Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) has selected its DVB-MHP middleware and Navigator software to power its integrated digital TV sets (IDTVs). Vestel will roll out the TVs to the Italian DTT market.
News categories: Osmosys, Vestel, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, IBCShowcase, Italy, Middleware, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV