Digital TV News: SBB
Zappware delivers multi-device end-to-end OTT solution to SBB and Telemach
Jan 24, 2013 – Zappware has announced that it has delivered a complete end-to-end OTT platform to Serbian cable operator SBB, and to Telemach, the leading cable operator in Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The platform supports linear and non-linear TV on a broad range of mobile and fixed devices.
News categories: Zappware, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Serbia, TV Everywhere
SBB-Telemach Group Selects Cisco Personal DVB Set-Top Box Series
Sep 7, 2012 – SBB-Telemach Group has selected the Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) Videoscape™-capable Personal DVB Set-Tops (PDS) Series and Cisco® Integration Services to deliver next-generation television services.
News categories: Cisco Systems, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, OTT, Serbia, Set Top Box
Verimatrix Enables TV Everywhere for SBB and Telemach
Mar 20, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Serbia Broadband (SBB) and Telemach, a Slovenian and Bosnian cable TV and broadband Internet provider, have deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, Serbia Broadband, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, OTT, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Smartphone, Tablet, Video Exchange
Eutelsat Communications Reports Record Revenue Growth
Nov 5, 2009 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2009. Video Applications registered a sustained increase in revenue (+8.5%) with 3,329 TV channels broadcast by Eutelsat's fleet at quarter end (+4.7%).
News categories: Eutelsat, Results, Satellite
Mid Europa Partners Adds ITV Bulgaria to its SEE Pay TV Platform
Oct 9, 2009 – Mid Europa Partners has announced that the acquisition of the Bulgarian direct-to-home satellite pay TV operator Interaktivni Tehnologii AD (ITV) has been completed.
News categories: Interaktivni Tehnologii, Mid Europa Partners, Bulgaria, MnA, Satellite
Serbia Broadband Adds New 'Total TV' Capacity at 16°E
Jul 13, 2009 – Serbia Broadband (SBB) has announced the expansion of its Total TV platform with new multi-year contracts concluded with Eutelsat Communications (Paris: ETL) for two transponders at its 16 degrees East video neighbourhood.
News categories: Serbia Broadband, Eutelsat, TOTAL TV, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
To Find The Coolest Set-Top Box Technology, Look Behind The TV with Sony and ADB
Jan 10, 2009 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SWX:ADBN) is displaying at CES 2009 its tru2way-certified ADB-4820C 'set-back box' developed with Sony (Tokyo:6758; NYSE: SNE). The box mounts behind flat TVs and requires no dedicated remote control.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Sony, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Serbia Broadband Chooses NDS to Protect and Power its Digital Cable Business, Further Extending Partnership
Sep 4, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has signed a contract to provide Serbia Broadband (SBB), the largest cable operator in Serbia, with an end-to-end system to secure and enable its national cable television platform.
News categories: Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Serbia
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019