Digital TV News: SBS
Foxtel launches The New Foxtel Experience
Jul 24, 2019 – Foxtel has unveiled The New Foxtel Experience which will provide customers with its iQ3 and iQ4 set top boxes a completely redesigned user experience. As part of the New Experience, Netflix will be available for the first time on Foxtel starting with the iQ4.
News categories: Foxtel, Netflix, Patrick Delany, Apps, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
May 15, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will offer live broadcast of the 'SK Telecom Open 2019’' on both JTBC Golf, a TV channel operated by JTBC, and 'oksusu', Korea’s largest OTT video service, using its commercial 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Digital TV, Korea
SK Telecom partners with Korean broadcasters to develop business on 5G
Apr 30, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has signed an MOU with SBS. SK Telecom now has MOUs with the top three terrestrial TV broadcasting stations in Korea, namely KBS, MBC and SBS. SK Telecom will work with each partner to develop solutions and business models based on 5G.
News categories: SK Telecom, SBS, MBC, KBS, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Korea, VR
TVU Networks and KT to establish 5G UHD broadcast network in Korea
Mar 20, 2019 – TVU Networks has announced a partnership with KT to bring UHD broadcast over KT’s 5G enterprise network. Under the agreement, KT and TVU Networks will work together to establish an enterprise 5G network and related broadcast capabilities in Korea.
News categories: TVU Networks, KT Corp, Paul Shen, Park Hyun-Jin, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Kaltura TV Platform enables packaging up of content for additional OTT providers
Sep 5, 2018 – Kaltura has unveiled its Kaltura Content as a Service solution which uses the Kaltura TV Platform as a hub for content management and distribution. Media companies can now select to distribute 'packaged' video and metadata to other OTT services to increase their content’s reach.
News categories: Kaltura, KOCOWA, Dr. Shay David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Worldwide
Addressable TV advertising technology already reaches over 9 million Australians
Aug 26, 2018 – Addressable TV advertising technologies allow advertisers to segment TV audiences and serve different ads within a common program or navigation screen. Research from Roy Morgan shows that over 9 million Australians are already using the devices and services that this kind of technology requires.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Rohde & Schwarz facilitates Australian DVB-T2 trials
Aug 9, 2018 – In cooperation with Free TV, ABC and SBS, Broadcast Australia recently conducted DVB-T2 trials in the Sydney area. Rohde & Schwarz supplied transmitters, retransmitters and test equipment for the testing phase.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Broadcast Australia, Peter Lambourne, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
SVOD feeds Australian's insatiable appetite for streaming content
Jul 30, 2018 – The Australian Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services market continues to grow strongly reaching 9.1 million subscriptions at the end of June 2018, a year-on-year increase of 54 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
OzTAM introduces Australia's first all-screen integrated TV database
Jul 30, 2018 – Australia will have an integrated database that will combine broadcast viewing on TV sets and connected devices, and support advanced audience targeting, with the launch of OzTAM’s new service, Virtual Australia (VOZ) in 2019.
News categories: OzTAM, Nielsen, Doug Peiffer, David Ellem, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019