Digital TV News: SBTVD Forum
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ACCESS Announces NetFront™ Browser Ginga Edition for Growing Brazilian Mobile TV Market
Feb 14, 2011 – ACCESS CO. has announced NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile Ginga Edition. The new browser supports the Brazilian standard for digital mobile broadcast TV (ISDB-Tb), which includes Ginga-NCL, the Brazil-specific interactive middleware layer.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20, SBTVD
SBTVD Forum signs promotion agreement with South Africa's NAMEC
Sep 29, 2010 – The SBTVD Forum has signed an MOU with NAMEC promising to provide technical training to South African companies should Brazil's version of ISDB-T be adopted in South Africa, in return for NAMEC promoting the standard.
News categories: SBTVD Forum, NAMEC, ISDB-T, SBTVD, South Africa, Terrestrial
Sun Microsystems And SBTVD Forum To Develop Open-Source Java Solution For Brazil's Digital TV System
Mar 4, 2008 – Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ:JAVA) and the SBTVD Forum have agreed to join forces in the development of an open-source content platform based on Java technology for use in the country-wide conversion of television applications and services.
News categories: Sun Microsystems, GINGA, Fórum SBTVD, ATSC 3.0, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Terrestrial
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica