Digital TV News: SCSA
INSIDE Secure and Rambus collaborate to protect 4K and Ultra HD content
May 30, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it is working with Cryptography Research to enable the delivery of over-the-top (OTT) 4K and Ultra High Definition (UHD) content that meets Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) specifications.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Rambus, Andrew McLennan, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Cryptography Research to manage cryptographic keys for SCSA-enabled devices
Sep 1, 2015 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to run and manage the VIDITY Key Issuance Center. The service manages cryptographic keys that SCSA-enabled devices and services use in securing content.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Paul Kocher, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
SCSA releases VIDITY licensing specifications
Aug 26, 2015 – The Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) has released licensing specifications for its VIDITY technology, which enables secure delivery of entertainment, including locally stored playback of 4K Ultra HD and HD movies across multiple devices.
News categories: SCSA, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) Selects Cryptography Research to Provide Security Expertise
Sep 6, 2012 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that it has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to provide security expertise. The SCSA is a consortium founded to provide consumers with new ways to build digital home libraries.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Content Protection, OTT, Smart Home
Fox, Warner, SanDisk and Western Digital to Advance Digital Ownership of HD Movies
Feb 28, 2012 – Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., SanDisk (Nasdaq:SNDK), and Western Digital (NYSE:WDC) have revealed 'Project Phenix', an initiative that will give consumers a way to organize, store and move their HD digital movies and TV shows across multiple devices.
News categories: Content Protection, DRM, OTT
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024