Digital TV News: SES NEW SKIES
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
SES ASTRA and Yahsat Start Middle-East Satellite Company
Apr 20, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has entered into a partnership with Al Yah Satellite Communications (Yahsat) to offer DTH television capacity and services to the Middle East, North Africa and South West Asia.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Yahsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
IPTV Americas Launches First IPTV Satellite Distribution Platform for Latin America and The Caribbean
Jan 13, 2009 – IPTV Americas has announced the first IPTV Satellite distribution for Latin America. This will enable end-to-end satellite-delivered IPTV distribution to all telco's and cable operators' head ends in Latin America and the Caribbean.
News categories: SES NEW SKIES, IPTV Americas, Caribbean, Content Distribution, IPTV, Latin America, Satellite
SES Reports Continued Strong Results
Oct 27, 2008 – SES S.A. (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) reports on financial performance for the nine months ended 30th September 2008. Total utilised capacity increased from 820 at 30th June 2008 to 821 transponders at 30th September 2008.
News categories: Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
HD Channels On ASTRA Increase By 30 Percent In Three Months
Oct 20, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the number of HD channels broadcast via the ASTRA Satellite System has increased significantly in the last three months. At the beginning of October, the number of HD channels reached 55.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Austria, Belgium, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Satellite, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, UK
Mediascape Launches New Philippines DTH Platform on NSS-11
Sep 15, 2008 – SES NEW SKIES (Paris,LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has been contracted by Mediascape to provide transponder capacity on the NSS-11 satellite for their new direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service targeting the Philippines.
News categories: SES NEW SKIES, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
CSTV A-Sky-Net DTH Service Launches On NSS-6 For Australia
Jun 18, 2008 – SES NEW SKIES (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has been contracted by Chinese Satellite Communications (CSTV) to provide capacity on the NSS-6 satellite for their A-Sky-Net direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service targeting the Australian Region.
News categories: SES NEW SKIES, A-Sky-Net, Australia, Content Distribution, Satellite
Asia-Wide DTH Service G-Sat Launches On NSS-11
Jun 16, 2008 – SES NEW SKIES (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has concluded an agreement with Global Broadcasting and Multimedia Inc. (GBMI) to provide capacity on the NSS-11 satellite for their new G-Sat DTH satellite television service targeting the Asian Region.
News categories: SES NEW SKIES, GSAT, Asia, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Korea, Satellite
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024