Digital TV News: SES S.A
CBS and Viacom to combine
Aug 13, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB) have agreed to merge. The combined company, ViacomCBS, will be a global, multiplatform, premium content company, with the assets, capabilities and scale to be one of the most important content producers and providers in the world.
News categories: Viacom, CBS, Bob Bakish, Joe Ianniello, Shari Redstone, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
Baita Conteúdo distributes HD channels via SES-6 in Brazil
Jul 25, 2019 – Thanks to a partnership with SES, Baita Conteúdo, which currently distributes its channels over the internet to cable TV operators in Brazil, will deliver the same channels via satellite and reach all cable and DTH operators served by SES-6.
News categories: SES S.A, Baita Conteúdo, Jurandir Pitsch, Pedro Bernardo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood created on NSS-12 at 57°E
Jul 9, 2019 – SES and the Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters (AEB), and the Ethiopian Broadcasting Cooperation (EBC) have signed an agreement that will result in the creation of a dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood on SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters, Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation, Ferdinand Kayser, Amman Fissehazion, Belete Esubalew Gemberie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
SES offers FTA platform for Brazil on SES-10
Jun 27, 2019 – TV viewers in Brazil can now receive channels via a free-to-air platform on SES-10 at 67°W. Broadcasters are able to send their content to SES’s teleport in Hortolândia and uplink to the satellite’s Ku-band capacity for transmission.
News categories: SES S.A, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
Sersat enables content delivery across Latin America via SES-14
Jun 19, 2019 – Pay TV operators, content owners and broadcasters can now deliver video content across Latin America on a platform developed by Sersat. The C-band platform is hosted on SES-14 at SES’s new video position for the Americas of 47.5 degrees West.
News categories: SES S.A, Sersat, Jurandir Pitsch, Verónica Martinez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Ivory Coast’s SIDT partners with SES for digital switchover
May 28, 2019 – Ivory Coast’s public broadcasting company, the Société Ivoirienne de Télédiffusion (SIDT), has selected SES as its digital partner in a major move to meet the country’s 2020 deadline for switching over from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SES S.A, SIDT, Clint Brown, Yeo Adama, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Satellite
Samsung, Spin Digital and SES showcase 8K content via satellite
May 14, 2019 – At its annual Industry Days event, SES showed a demo of an 8K signal broadcast directly to a TV with a built-in satellite receiver. The broadcast used Spin Digital for encoding and a Samsung TV to receive and decode the signal.
News categories: SES S.A, Spin Digital, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa, John Adam, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
SES reach grows to 355 million homes worldwide
Apr 2, 2019 – SES has strengthened its position as the world’s leading video distributor via satellite as the number of TV households it serves increased by more than 4 million in 2018. SES’s technical reach grew in Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient