Digital TV News: SES S.A
Ivory Coast’s SIDT partners with SES for digital switchover
May 28, 2019 – Ivory Coast’s public broadcasting company, the Société Ivoirienne de Télédiffusion (SIDT), has selected SES as its digital partner in a major move to meet the country’s 2020 deadline for switching over from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SES S.A, SIDT, Clint Brown, Yeo Adama, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Satellite
Samsung, Spin Digital and SES showcase 8K content via satellite
May 14, 2019 – At its annual Industry Days event, SES showed a demo of an 8K signal broadcast directly to a TV with a built-in satellite receiver. The broadcast used Spin Digital for encoding and a Samsung TV to receive and decode the signal.
News categories: SES S.A, Spin Digital, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa, John Adam, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
SES reach grows to 355 million homes worldwide
Apr 2, 2019 – SES has strengthened its position as the world’s leading video distributor via satellite as the number of TV households it serves increased by more than 4 million in 2018. SES’s technical reach grew in Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH
Mar 13, 2019 – Viewers in the Republic of Benin are now receiving 15 new FTA channels from satellite, thanks to an agreement that Benin has signed with SES. A number of HD channels will be broadcast - the first HD channels to be available over DTT in Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, Clint Brown, Darius Quenum, Benin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
SES-12 now operational over Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
Feb 26, 2019 – SES has announced that SES-12 is now ready to serve its video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. The satellite, which is designed with wide and high throughput beams, will join SES-8 at 95°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Ruy Pinto, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Telekom Srbija to launch DTH with SES at 23.5°E
Nov 15, 2018 – Viewers in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Montenegro will soon have access to content delivered by Telekom Srbija from SES’ orbital location at 23.5°E. Telekom Srbija’s DTH platform will start broadcasting in mid-December.
News categories: SES S.A, Telekom Srbija, Martin Ornass-Kubacki, Marijana Vukasinovic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
SES showcases its first broadcast of 8K television
May 23, 2018 – SES will be broadcasting an 8K television signal via its satellite system for the first time during the annual SES Industry Days on 23 and 24 May. Using DVB-S2X the transmission will be carried out on a single 36 MHz transponder on ASTRA 3B.
News categories: SES S.A, Thomas Wrede, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Satellite
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
- Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
- Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
- Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
- Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
- MadHive, Inscape to enable linear, OTT planning, activation & attribution for Local TV
- MediaMath launches contextual ad targeting for video with IRIS.TV
- NAGRA to demonstrate technology portfolio at ConnecTechAsia 2019
- Shenzhen Topway goes Ultra HD with Harmonic
- Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
- Rakuten launches Rakuten Sports streaming service
- Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected
- BARB commissions Kantar Focal Meter for UK TV audience measurement
- ATEME provides headend to the Egyptian National Media Authority
- Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
- Flix Snip expands to Spain and Italy on Huawei Video
- Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
- Norwegian video entertainment market grows 6% in 2018